2021-2022 Application Cycle

Hello everyone! 
I received an interview invite 8/20 (SO exciting), and then was provided with the dates to pick from last week 8/27. I submitted my survey on the 27th as well and was told they’d be confirming the date of the interview within 5 days of my response. I haven’t heard anything back yet, so I’m assuming it’s 5 business days and I’ll be hearing tomorrow? Any one else in the same boat? 

• Like 1

Guest anonRAM2023

I submitted my survey on the 27th as well and was told they’d be confirming the date of the interview within 5 days of my response.

I received my confirmation within 3 days. I would suggest emailing them to inquire. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, JDB91 said:

Can anyone provide some insight on how Oregon's MMI goes? Maybe some prep advice?

I'm super curious as well, I've read over all the materials, but I'm still a bit lost. Hopefully the mandatory Monday-prior overview will explain some of it, although that would leave only one day to prepare, that has me nervous... 

16 hours ago, JDB91 said:

Can anyone provide some insight on how Oregon's MMI goes? Maybe some prep advice?

12 hours ago, FromATCtoPAC said:

I'm super curious as well, I've read over all the materials, but I'm still a bit lost. Hopefully the mandatory Monday-prior overview will explain some of it, although that would leave only one day to prepare, that has me nervous... 

for last year’s interview it was I believe 5 separate interviews, you’ll get a link to each room. And it’s a mix of MMI scenario based questions and the traditional interview questions. The email they send with the schedule will provide a thorough breakdown of times and the amount of time you have for each question

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/29/2021 at 4:29 PM, JDB91 said:

Honestly just be you- they are so personable and easy to talk to. They were so friendly OHSU is an amazing school and they care a lot about their students. We are unable to talk about the actual questions or process much but biggest thing that helped me was searching up MMI questions on google (ethical and scenario based) and just go through and answer the way you would in the actual interview. Map out your thoughts on paper. It is 5 stations with different questions. 

I found this link useful: https://bemoacademicconsulting.com/blog/sample-mmi-practice-questions

Also ThePAPlatform has some useful information! 

Hope it helps! Good luck!  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, myriam said:

Honestly just be you- they are so personable and easy to talk to. They were so friendly OHSU is an amazing school and they care a lot about their students. We are unable to talk about the actual questions or process much but biggest thing that helped me was searching up MMI questions on google (ethical and scenario based) and just go through and answer the way you would in the actual interview. Map out your thoughts on paper. It is 5 stations with different questions. 

I found this link useful: https://bemoacademicconsulting.com/blog/sample-mmi-practice-questions

Also ThePAPlatform has some useful information! 

Hope it helps! Good luck!  

It's great to hear that they were personable and friendly, thank you! Glad you enjoyed the interview process, makes me even more excited for my interview! And thank you for the recommendations

On 10/21/2021 at 8:53 PM, futurebayPA said:

It's great to hear that they were personable and friendly, thank you! Glad you enjoyed the interview process, makes me even more excited for my interview! And thank you for the recommendations

I was late to the overview session so I missed info regarding the interview process, during the 2 minutes we have to read the prompt are we allowed to take notes or plan our responses on paper? Also if we complete the task before the 10 minutes are up do we exit the room early? 

14 minutes ago, Ashleybee said:

I was late to the overview session so I missed info regarding the interview process, during the 2 minutes we have to read the prompt are we allowed to take notes or plan our responses on paper? Also if we complete the task before the 10 minutes are up do we exit the room early? 

Yes you are allowed to have paper to write on.  Yes you can leave early. On all of my MMI sessions, the interviewer actually asked me follow up questions as well so I ended up only leaving the room early once and even then that was only by a minute or two. They give you 10 minutes to allow for technology problems. 

1 minute ago, ramk4825 said:

Yes you are allowed to have paper to write on.  Yes you can leave early. On all of my MMI sessions, the interviewer actually asked me follow up questions as well so I ended up only leaving the room early once and even then that was only by a minute or two. They give you 10 minutes to allow for technology problems. 

Ok thank you so much!

8 minutes ago, GDecPrePA said:

yes I did today but I'm not an Oregon Resident so I don't think I can apply...are you?

I’m not, so I’m confused too. But there’s the “Oregon heritage” so I was wondering if accepted to the program would we be eligible under that? I emailed and asked. I’ll let you know what the response is! 

40 minutes ago, TayyPrePA said:

I’m not, so I’m confused too. But there’s the “Oregon heritage” so I was wondering if accepted to the program would we be eligible under that? I emailed and asked. I’ll let you know what the response is! 

There are PDFs that define residence and heritage for the scholarship on the website that's linked in the email, but the main points are below. The residency stuff is a little more confusing, but this is the link from the SHOI part of OHSU's website: https://www.ohsu.edu/sites/default/files/2021-10/02-10-010 Student Residency 10.14.21.pdf

To be eligible for Oregon Heritage for the purposes of admissions, an applicant must demonstrate that they have met one or more criteria as follows:

• Graduated from any Oregon high school and attended at least two years at any high school in Oregon

• Graduated from any regionally accredited college or university in Oregon and attended at least two years at any regionally accredited college or university in Oregon no more than 7 years prior to the time of application

• At least one parent/legal guardian resides in Oregon at the time of application

• A student with Oregon residency as defined by Policy 02-10-010.

Edited by jerry31620

23 hours ago, GDecPrePA said:

wondering the same! Thank you so much!

This is the email I received: 

“The Oregon Residency and Heritage definitions for purposes of admissions are here:

https://www.ohsu.edu/education/scholars-healthy-oregon-initiative-shoi

If you are not sure if you qualify, I would apply for SHOI and if selected, the Admissions Office will review your status at that time.” 

It’s not super helpful but I guess just apply anyway! 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...