2021-2022 Application Cycle

8 hours ago, Capricorn said:

Has anyone else heard anything yet? I submitted my application 5/28 and was verified a few days after. I got an email confirming my app was received and under review on 6/2. Haven't heard anything since, no rejection or interview invite. Should send them an email at this point?

The email I received from them said it could take up to 12 weeks to review applications- referencing the thread from last year I don't think they start sending out interview invites until mid August. 

• Like 1

On 7/22/2021 at 5:20 PM, Kalyssa said:

The email I received from them said it could take up to 12 weeks to review applications- referencing the thread from last year I don't think they start sending out interview invites until mid August. 

Yeah, yet some people in this thread have already heard back. Not sure what to make of that

On 6/25/2021 at 1:37 PM, JuliaC said:

Received a rejection email today.  Going to share my stats as information for the group:

Overall GPA: 3.77

Science GPA: 4.0

Patient Care Experience: 22,000 hours

Volunteer: 400+ Hours

Shadowing: 60 hours in person, 40 Virtual

LOR's: 1 from a MD, 2 from PA's, 1 from a science professor and 1 from a former supervisor.

OHSU was one of my top schools so this comes as a disappointment.  Fortunately, I have interviews scheduled with 4 other programs so far.  Good luck to everyone!

I'm so sorry to hear about the rejection. Your stats sound incredible and much better than mine. I wonder why they rejected you so soon? Do you think it was your personal statement that was your weakness?

19 hours ago, Tiffanynlauren said:

I'm so sorry to hear about the rejection. Your stats sound incredible and much better than mine. I wonder why they rejected you so soon? Do you think it was your personal statement that was your weakness?

Hello,  Thanks for your message.  I have a PA mentor who helped me with my personal statement and told me it's a great statement.    TBH, I'm not real sure what a lot of these schools are looking for.  Candidates often have great stats and are denied.  I've read stories in this forum, reddit and quora about candidates who feel they did poorly on the interview and got in.  And then there are others who feel they did great and didn't get in..  We just never know. Either way, I know I'm a great candidate and will get in somewhere.  Wishing you best of luck on your journey too!

Edited by JuliaC

On 7/24/2021 at 9:20 AM, almondmilk said:

Hey all, I submitted around a week ago and haven’t gotten a confirmation email still. Am I missing something? I’m so paranoid, their deadline is approaching and it seems like they didn’t get my app yet...?

My application was verified on July 3rd and I got a confirmation email from them on the 19th. Seems like the turnaround varies. Good luck!

Hi, I received the rejection email today. For reference, my GPA is 3.79 and sGPA is 3.79 as well. Last 60 units is 3.95. Over 2,000 direct patient care, 1,000 health care related and 5,000 volunteer hours. I applied in early June. I have an interview for another program next month, so I’m staying positive! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 8/2/2021 at 3:07 PM, rachelelyyse said:

Got the rejection email today. Taking this a little hard because this is my second rejection so far and no interviews. Good luck to everyone else! 

I'm so sorry, I'm rooting for you! I feel similarly, 3 rejections so far, no interviews. I feel like even when people post about rejections many still have interviews elsewhere, so it can be very isolating and discouraging to get the rejections without feeling like you have a safety net, or like at least another program sees you as worthy. We'll keep our heads up and fingers crossed! People keep telling me "it only takes one!" Doing my best to remember that and stay positive 🙂 We got this!

• Like 6

Got an interview invite! No date yet, email says 5 virtual interviews Oct-Nov.

I'm a reapplicant from last year, no interview.

sGPA: 3.84
cGPA: 3.72
GRE: 309
PCE: 4060 working as an ER tech
Shadowing: 8 hours ortho, 4 hours primary care
No volunteer, but I did work at a Nonprofit for 2 years working with subsidized housing

Only thing that has changed from last cycle for me was the amount of PCE and I rewrote my PS.

• Like 1

On 8/2/2021 at 5:07 PM, rachelelyyse said:

Got the rejection email today. Taking this a little hard because this is my second rejection so far and no interviews. Good luck to everyone else! 

I understand where you are at. Last year I had a trickle of 13 rejections from August-Febuary. It's a really tough spot to be in. Remember, not to take rejections/silence as a reflection on yourself. The interview and application process, in my opinion, are a bit of a crap shoot. Good luck!

• Like 1