2021-2022 Application cycle

1 hour ago, WhitZ said:

Does anyone know if they have started sending rejection emails yet? Knowing that would provide a gauge as to whether we are on the interview invite list. 

Not sure as far as this year, but I recall that when I applied here a previous cycle, they sent out a round of rejections about a week before interview invites began. I think some other rejections trickled in later as well. But there was a large group of rejection emails shortly before invites. (I was one of them. Hoping for better fortune this time 😁).

• Thanks 2

Hahaha I am constantly checking all forum to the schools I’ve applied to too! They said interview invites are in September. It’s almost October 😭😭😭

September 2021: First round virtual interview invitations sent via email

October 2021: First round virtual interviews held via Zoom; second round virtual interview invitations sent via email 

November 2021: Second round virtual interviews held via Zoom

December 2021: Offers of admission sent via email

2 minutes ago, FUTUREPAAA2022 said:

Hahaha I am constantly checking all forum to the schools I’ve applied to too! They said interview invites are in September. It’s almost October 😭😭😭

September 2021: First round virtual interview invitations sent via email

October 2021: First round virtual interviews held via Zoom; second round virtual interview invitations sent via email 

November 2021: Second round virtual interviews held via Zoom

December 2021: Offers of admission sent via email

I think that they must have adjusted their admissions timeline this year - last year invites were the end of November around Thanksgiving, previous year was in August, and the year before that was early September!

Excited to potentially see some folks in this forum get invites when the time comes. I feel invested now 🙃

On 4/29/2021 at 8:19 AM, MedIsLifePA said:

Hello everyone! I didn't see a post for this year's cycle so I'm super excited to start it. I"m very nervous about applying. Last year I only applied to about 3 schools because I didn't take the GRE. 

My undergrad GPA is low so I'm stepping out on faith here, but my science gpa, postbacc gpa, and graduate gpa are much much better. 

Here are my hours: (I tried to overcompensate to offset the low GPA)

PCE: 8,000+ hrs as a Clinical research coordinator and PT aide

Research: 1,720 hrs

Extracurricular: 1,327 hrs 

Volunteer: 686 hrs (including Guatemala medical mission trip)

Shadowing: 100 hrs (dermatology, oncology, hematology, orthopedics, emergency medicine, internal medicine, thoracic surgery, and otolaryngology)

Leadership: 41 hrs

Teaching: 6 hrs

Good luck to everyone!!!!!!!! 

I interview PA applicants for a SoCal school and I can say that these are very impressive numbers. You should be focused on making sure you make a good impression and speak to the skills you've learned through all these hours spent in the real world. Don't sweat the low GPA, especially if the science/postbacc/graduate GPAs are higher. Good luck!

2 hours ago, applicant101 said:

Has anyone received an interview invite yet? I still haven't heard anything

I was going to ask the same thing! Refreshing my inbox like a crazy person.

Reading through the forum from last cycle, it looks like Stanford holds two interview sessions per applicant? So when they mention they are sending the second round of interview invitations in October, does anyone know if that is in reference to a new round of applicant interviews, or a continuation of interviews from the "September" invites?

Hang in there everyone. ❤️

Edited by vboura
  • Like 1