2021-2022 Application cycle

Hello everyone! I didn't see a post for this year's cycle so I'm super excited to start it. I"m very nervous about applying. Last year I only applied to about 3 schools because I didn't take the GRE. 

My undergrad GPA is low so I'm stepping out on faith here, but my science gpa, postbacc gpa, and graduate gpa are much much better. 

Here are my hours: (I tried to overcompensate to offset the low GPA)

PCE: 8,000+ hrs as a Clinical research coordinator and PT aide

Research: 1,720 hrs

Extracurricular: 1,327 hrs 

Volunteer: 686 hrs (including Guatemala medical mission trip)

Shadowing: 100 hrs (dermatology, oncology, hematology, orthopedics, emergency medicine, internal medicine, thoracic surgery, and otolaryngology)

Leadership: 41 hrs

Teaching: 6 hrs

Good luck to everyone!!!!!!!! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Friends, 

I hope all and loved ones are well, safe, and healthy. 

I applied to Stanford University yesterday! I'm so S-T-O-K-E-D!!!! Still waiting on CASPA Verification.

First time applying to any PA Program, I've been thinking about this very moment for about twenty years. 

Very Respectfully, 

Ryan C. Martin-Valenzuela, M.S. 

U.S. Navy, Retired 

My Pronouns Are: He/His/Him 

• Upvote 1

Hello Everyone,

I'm also applying to the Stanford PA program this cycle. I'm a little worried my GPA may be too low. I currently have the following stats:

cGPA: 3.6

sGPA: 3.5

PCE: 50,000 hours (as an EMT, Medic and Firefighter)

Leadership: 30,000 hours (Company Officer, Acting Fire Captain)

No research or shadowing hours

Let me know what you think, thank you all!

I wish everyone the best of luck!

- Jake

5 minutes ago, Jake408 said:

Hello Everyone,

I'm also applying to the Stanford PA program this cycle. I'm a little worried my GPA may be too low. I currently have the following stats:

cGPA: 3.6

sGPA: 3.5

PCE: 50,000 hours (as an EMT, Medic and Firefighter)

Leadership: 30,000 hours (Company Officer, Acting Fire Captain)

No research or shadowing hours

Let me know what you think, thank you all!

I wish everyone the best of luck!

- Jake

Don’t think you have anything to worry about. 

9 minutes ago, Aarti said:

Did we have to take CASPER test for this program? I added Stanford to the list but if they don’t require it I shouldn’t have added it to the list because I think I did horrible in CASPER test. 

Yup, CASPer is required. Hahaha I took it yesterday and let me just say… that was certainly something.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sarahrod said:

I also took it yesterday and I was not prepared for the Snapshot part lol

Good thing is Stanford doesn’t review Snapshot 😎

With that said, I am conflicted over whether or not I should take it seriously haha like maybe I should just let the timer run out and be off screen 🥴

Hey guys! I took my Casper a while ago because it was required for a lot of my programs. I thought I did terrible and just recently got my score back in the highest quartile. On my Snapshot I had thought I hit finish recording and didn’t and let out a huge dramatic sigh before realizing I didn’t hit the button. So definitely no worries about how you did on the Casper 🤦🏻‍♀️ 

I wore a black top.. but I think the lighting washed out that it wasn’t a T-shirt. I know it’s recommended to dress business casual. 

Edited by MaddieQ
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Nkpa20 said:

Did You dress Up for the snapshot part?

I did business on top, casual on the bottom 😂 (put on a blazer and a nice necklace, tied my hair up)

I actually enjoyed Snapshot, I felt like the questions were easy and I was able to express myself. Basic interview questions  I wouldn’t stress about it! 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, MaddieQ said:

Hey guys! I took my Casper a while ago because it was required for a lot of my programs. I thought I did terrible and just recently got my score back in the highest quartile. On my Snapshot I had thought I hit finish recording and didn’t and let out a huge dramatic sigh before realizing I didn’t hit the button. So definitely no worries about how you did on the Casper 🤦🏻‍♀️ 

I wore a black top.. but I think the lighting washed out that it wasn’t a T-shirt. I know it’s recommended to dress business casual. 

Hey @MaddieQ

How did you check your score on Casper? My test said the results were complete but it didn't give me a score or quartile. 

- Jake

Hey @Jake408!

I attached a chronological screenshot summary 

From the email, view results. Next picture is when I log into casper, the click on "go to casper", then choose 'view results'. It is a popup not a redirect. If you don't get this page, choose reservations from the altus home page- then from there it should have my last photo where it says view results. 

For reference, I took it on 5/4 and got my results on 6/1.

Screen Shot 2021-06-18 at 7.13.16 PM.png

Edited by MaddieQ
  • Like 1