2021-2022 Application cycle

On 6/25/2021 at 8:08 AM, StrawberryPA said:

Hi all!

I finally received the confirmation of application today! I’m scheduled to take Casper 7/18 🙂 Any good resources yal used to help prep for that? Thanks! 

Bemo was a great resource! I moved the practice questions to a google doc and timed myself while practicing the questions. I also did the practice exams for 2021-2022 and 2020-2021 through the Altus Suite portal. I took the exam today, and didn't feel that great after due to the timing. Good luck!! 

On 6/26/2021 at 9:31 AM, MaddieQ said:

Hi guys! I logged into Casper this morning to confirm my submission to another school, and I have to redo terms and conditions, which included that all 2021-2022 test takers should receive a quartile score. I logged in a few days ago and did not get these terms, so I think they decided to release everyones scores! Go check!! @Jake408 @blandry

Hey @MaddieQ

I finally got an email this morning about my Casper score. Looks like I was placed in the 3rd quartile (50-74%). I don't know if that good or not. How did everyone else do on the Casper test? Whats considered a good score?

- Jake

Hi Jake! 

Glad you were able to get your results. I hated NOT knowing. I read on casper that even the 0-25% quartile is considered good, it depends how they are applied by the schools. I attached what I found down below. Throughout the other forums, I have only seen others who have scored in that same quartile as you. I placed in the 4th quartile, and I am convinced it was because I thought I had stopped the video and took a big dramatic breath before realizing I needed to stop recording. I was mortified, but maybe it made them laugh. I think the third quartile is exactly what schools want to see, above that 50% mark! 🙂

@Jake408image.png.fd79ec056d09a0bd5a501861f07dbc74.pngimage.png.a1f68a4bffd0a82e54c7f6eb33860d69.png

20 hours ago, MaddieQ said:

Hi Jake! 

Glad you were able to get your results. I hated NOT knowing. I read on casper that even the 0-25% quartile is considered good, it depends how they are applied by the schools. I attached what I found down below. Throughout the other forums, I have only seen others who have scored in that same quartile as you. I placed in the 4th quartile, and I am convinced it was because I thought I had stopped the video and took a big dramatic breath before realizing I needed to stop recording. I was mortified, but maybe it made them laugh. I think the third quartile is exactly what schools want to see, above that 50% mark! 🙂

@Jake408image.png.fd79ec056d09a0bd5a501861f07dbc74.pngimage.png.a1f68a4bffd0a82e54c7f6eb33860d69.png

Hey @MaddieQ,

Thanks for the additional info and words of encouragement. I see you scored in the 4th quartile. Thats really good! If I'm not mistaken, thats the best score you can get right? 

I really wish Casper would allow folks just to record their response to these scenario based questions versus typing. Im not a very fast typer so I feel I was very limited with how well I could answer each question. I bet I'm not the only one out there with this same problem. 

Well, I hope we did good enough to at least secure an interview. Fingers crossed @MaddieQ 🤞

- Jake

• Thanks 1

@Jake408 the typing part was SOOOO stressful. I definitely got cut off mid word every time! Im hoping it will offset my GPA if they utilize it. I have read on other forums that some schools use it as data but it not applicable to actual applications.. fingers crossed!!! How cool if we end up at the same place!!

• Like 1

I am pretty conflicted with whether or not I want to submit my GRE scores.. I scored a 304 overall. I dont know whether it will help or hurt. A prep scholar website from 2019 say their average GRE is around 318... Any recommendations?

Edited by MaddieQ

13 minutes ago, MaddieQ said:

I am pretty conflicted with whether or not I want to submit my GRE scores.. I scored a 304 overall. I dont know whether it will help or hurt. A prep scholar website from 2019 say their average GRE is around 318... Any recommendations?

I would just do it. It at least shows you could handle the rigor of a tough exam. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, MaddieQ said:

@Jake408 the typing part was SOOOO stressful. I definitely got cut off mid word every time! Im hoping it will offset my GPA if they utilize it. I have read on other forums that some schools use it as data but it not applicable to actual applications.. fingers crossed!!! How cool if we end up at the same place!!

🙏

29 minutes ago, MaddieQ said:

I know Stanford doesn't require any test other than Casper. The MCAT/GRE/PA-CAT are all recommended but not required. Due to the time crunch I had with finishing a few last minute classes, I didn't have enough time to take the MCAT, GRE or PA-CAT. I read on last years cycle that people were still getting interviews despite never taking the MCAT, GRE or PA-CAT. If I were in your shoes, I'd submit your GRE score. You'd beat out someone like me who never even took the exam. Just my two cents. Can anyone else share their experience?

- Jake

Hey everyone! I hope all is well! On the website is says "The final CASPer test date for our program for the 2021-2022 admission cycle is July 29, 2021. Please be sure to review available test dates carefully. Additional dates will not be added." So even though the last day is July 29th they allow the scores to arrive weeks later? (It can take up to 3 weeks to arrive) . I just want to be sure it doesn't mean the scores must received by that date because if that is the case I need to take it now lol.. I'm probably overthinking it 😄

21 minutes ago, MSN214 said:

Does anyone know when they typically reach out for interviews? 

Admissions timeline on their website says September - October 🙂

Last year they didn't do interview invites until December, but I imagine that was just some Covid craziness. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone,

I took the CASPer and Stanford does not require completion of the snapshot. "Please note that while Altus Suites requires that all applicants complete Snapshot, Snapshot will not be reviewed by our admission team." Link

Does anybody know if I still have to complete the snapshot on Altus Suites end to be 'complete' or can I just leave it untouched? I'll likely just run through it without much thought since Stanford doesn't review it anyway, but just wanted to see if anybody had a definitive answer.

Thank you.

Edited by johnd
spelling

10 hours ago, johnd said:

Hey everyone,

I took the CASPer and Stanford does not require completion of the snapshot. "Please note that while Altus Suites requires that all applicants complete Snapshot, Snapshot will not be reviewed by our admission team." Link

Does anybody know if I still have to complete the snapshot on Altus Suites end to be 'complete' or can I just leave it untouched? I'll likely just run through it without much thought since Stanford doesn't review it anyway, but just wanted to see if anybody had a definitive answer.

Thank you.

To get your Casper score you have to do the snapshot even though Stanford doesn’t require it. So I would just do it. It’s quick & easy. 

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/15/2021 at 8:13 PM, johnd said:

Hey everyone,

Thank you.

I didn't do the Snapshot part and still received my CASPer score. I saw that Stanford doesn't require it so I didn't see the point in doing it and Altus did not mandate I do it. I got in the 3rd quartile so I don't believe not completing it affected my score!

• Thanks 1

On 7/15/2021 at 11:13 PM, johnd said:

Hey everyone,

Thank you.

Hi! 

i thought we had to do the snapshot to get our scores, none of the schools I applied to look at it anyway. It only takes a few minutes and I found it helpful to figure out what I needed to work on when it comes to interviews! 

Good luck! 

Also I definitely completely bombed the snapshot, was literally laughing when I finished it I did so bad, I froze multiple times, but I somehow still was in a good quartile so i don’t think the snapshot is incorporated into your score at all, so if you don’t want to do it I don’t think you have to. 

Edited by DEPA21
More info

• 3 weeks later...