2021-2022 Application cycle

38 minutes ago, czhou said:

I woke up to my rank position as well! Do we have any estimate of how many people are typically accepted off the waitlist? 

I heard someone was accepted and were the ~32nd or so spot on the waitlist, so there's certainly movement. @DEPA21 above is a perfect example of that! Wishing us all the best of luck!! 🍀

33 minutes ago, DEPA21 said:

I got my rank position as well. I was accepted to my top program a few weeks ago so I am going to withdraw from the waitlist so there should be at least some movement! 

good luck and happy holidays everyone! 

@DEPA21 do you mind sharing your rank on the list or what range you were in? I also got the waitlist email this morning and I’m not sure how to feel. Trying to stay hopeful 

Hey sorry I forgot to respond! I am in the top 20, so not super high but there will be some movement for some. 

for those asking for stats, I also don’t love sharing them because I feel like we are more than our numbers. But I will say I have a mediocre gpa but high volume/kind of unique pce (I am a inpatient dietitian), and high volunteer hours. My advice is to apply to a WIDE variety of programs, no matter what you think your chances are. in my experience I got interviews at pretty much all of my “reach” schools and almost no schools I considered my chances of admission being higher at. When you do get interviews just be yourself, you are seeing if you will like the program just as much as they are seeing if they like you. I received an acceptance after all of my interviews where I was felt totally great and could see myself in the program, then I was waitlisted at programs I liked but didn’t love, and was rejected from programs where I felt like I didn’t see myself at, so you really will find the school for you just by being yourself. Also it goes without saying have as many people as you can review your application and personal statement, especially those with very strong writing skills, I feel like how you present yourself there gets your WAY further than specific numbers once you get to a certain point. 

hope that helps and congrats to everyone and good luck for those waiting to hear!

We will all make amazing PA-Cs someday no matter where we go! 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RNtoPAhopeful said:

I was in the single digits on the waitlist, and I received my acceptance yesterday. I was in complete disbelief, and I have to keep pinching myself to make sure this is real. It truly only takes one! I can't wait to start and meet everyone!

Congrats!! 
Once you pay your seat deposit, Wendy will send you the link to our Facebook cohort page! I will also be starting at Duke next year. Excited to meet you-I am also a nurse who is making the move to be a PA! 🙂

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ContinuallyCommitted said:

Congrats!! 
Once you pay your seat deposit, Wendy will send you the link to our Facebook cohort page! I will also be starting at Duke next year. Excited to meet you-I am also a nurse who is making the move to be a PA! 🙂

Yay another nurse! I paid my deposit, so I'll be on the lookout for the invite! 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...