2021-2022 Application cycle

6 hours ago, JulieDB said:

Has anyone yet to hear anything from Duke? The confirmation email says I'd likely hear back between August to late October if they were to invite me for an interview. It's already halfway through the month and I have yet to hear anything:/

I haven’t heard anything back yet either

Now that I’ve collected my thoughts, I got an email that I was taken off the waitlist yesterday! Interviewed 9/22, waitlisted 9/29, offer of admission 10/18. I’m shocked. This was my third year applying, first time interviewing at Duke, and first acceptance I’ve ever received, and it’s from the best program in the nation!? After so many rejections and heartache...

• Like 22

40 minutes ago, tammyrins said:

Now that I’ve collected my thoughts, I got an email that I was taken off the waitlist yesterday! Interviewed 9/22, waitlisted 9/29, offer of admission 10/18. I’m shocked. This was my third year applying, first time interviewing at Duke, and first acceptance I’ve ever received, and it’s from the best program in the nation!? After so many rejections and heartache...

That’s incredible. Such a great accomplishment! Very happy for you!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tammyrins said:

Smiling so big for you!! I actually interviewed the same day and am currently still waitlisted as well. Duke was my first PA interview invite I ever received, and while I sit in radio silence from my other programs, so happy to hear these success stories that make all the anxious waiting worth it in the end. Huge congratulations! 🎉

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tammyrins said:

Congratulations!!!! So happy for you!

• Like 3

20 hours ago, SkyThePA said:

That’s incredible. Such a great accomplishment! Very happy for you!!!

18 hours ago, JBcst said:

Congratulations!!!! So happy for you!

Thank you guys!!! 

20 hours ago, vboura said:

Smiling so big for you!! I actually interviewed the same day and am currently still waitlisted as well. Duke was my first PA interview invite I ever received, and while I sit in radio silence from my other programs, so happy to hear these success stories that make all the anxious waiting worth it in the end. Huge congratulations! 🎉

I used to hate hearing everyone say hang in there, etc etc. After 20+ rejections collectively I was over it and approached this year with a more relaxed attitude after so many “learning opportunities.” I think it helped my interviews because I was no longer this nervous wreck who overthought everything she said and just wrote and spoke from the heart. Last year was the lowest point of my life, so I understand if anyone might be feeling defeated, even during the waiting game. What helped me was hearing success stories after failures so I hoped this would give you guys some hope ❤️

• Like 14

3 hours ago, KH757PA said:

what did you change this application vs the last? I am still waiting to hear back but I am super curious because If I dont ill be one too.

Hey! 
When did you submit? Are you waiting for an interview offer?

I submitted my application in early July-I increased my PCE, volunteering, shadowing/virtual shadowing, improved my GRE score (even though it was just 2 more points and it still remained under a 300), rewrote all of my short answers/essays on the supplemental and made sure there were no typos, and took two more natural science courses with one of them being a higher level science.

Last year, I had emailed Wendy about what can make me a stronger applicant and she had recommended some of these things to do.

Hope this helps!!

• Like 1

Had anyone else heard about an acceptance after being on the waitlist?! I want to get off the waitlist and into Duke SO bad! I have been accepted at another program but all my hopes and dreams are at Duke! Crossing my fingers and toes every day !!! Congrats to all of you who have received good news from Duke! 💜

• Like 3

For those who were placed on the Duke waitlist in previous cycles, did they ever disclose how they rank their applicants? I am curious whether it is based off the order of interview groups or on some sort of points system? I am aware they will share the rank of their applicants on the waitlist next month, but the anticipation is very much so literally killing me.

Edited by vboura
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, oceanmedicinetravelpa said:

They actually won’t reveal the ranking until like next year because they said it’s constantly changing. 

I interviewed in September and at the end they informed us that if we were placed on the waitlist that they would let us know our rank in November. Did you interview this cycle as well and hear otherwise? 

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, oceanmedicinetravelpa said:

Yes interviewed. Wendy said they won’t give out ranking for a while because a person can be on the waitlist for a day which then changes ranking a lot so until the majority of the seats are solidified they won’t give ranking. Last year, from the forum I believe they didn’t receive ranking till like Jan/Feb. 

I recently interviewed and was waitlisted and the email that I received from Wendy said that they will send an updated notice of our status with our waitlist rank on March 1st. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mm018 said:

I recently interviewed and was waitlisted and the email that I received from Wendy said that they will send an updated notice of our status with our waitlist rank on March 1st. 

Interesting, I just checked and see the March 1st on my waitlist notice as well. It's a bit curious that my interview group was informed of November, but either way, the wait continues 😅

Has anyone been on Duke's waitlist for prior cycles? I was interested to know if they mention how their waitlist is ranked once they do release an applicant's waitlist position.

Cheering for us all ❤️

Edited by vboura