2021-2022 Application cycle

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone! I was rejected from Duke’s program in November 2021 and to my surprise when I got home today I received a handwritten note from them stating that my application showed promise and to email them to ask for feedback regarding my application because they’d like to see it in a future cycle. Guys, after only rejections this cycle I have literally been crying for several hours because of the hope this letter gave me 😭😭😭

Has anyone else received this type of letter or does anyone happen to have an email contact they can share with me? I have been looking through the program website and I am not totally sure where to send the email to. Thank you so much for any help in this and I wish everyone the absolute best wherever you are in the application process!! 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, VivPA said:

Hi everyone! I was rejected from Duke’s program in November 2021 and to my surprise when I got home today I received a handwritten note from them stating that my application showed promise and to email them to ask for feedback regarding my application because they’d like to see it in a future cycle. Guys, after only rejections this cycle I have literally been crying for several hours because of the hope this letter gave me 😭😭😭

Has anyone else received this type of letter or does anyone happen to have an email contact they can share with me? I have been looking through the program website and I am not totally sure where to send the email to. Thank you so much for any help in this and I wish everyone the absolute best wherever you are in the application process!! 

That is awesome!!!

I  am a reapplicant. During my first application cycle in 2020, I had applied to Duke and received a rejection without interview. I had then reached out to admissions and asked for feedback. I was so happy to receive specific feedback on what could make me a stronger applicant in the future. I did these improvements and would send an update email to the same person from admissions. 
Then I applied again last year, got offered an interview, and was accepted!!

I’ll be starting this August! 🥳

So definitely send admissions an email about your application! ☺️

Edited by ContinuallyCommitted

20 hours ago, ContinuallyCommitted said:

That is awesome!!!

I  am a reapplicant. During my first application cycle in 2020, I had applied to Duke and received a rejection without interview. I had then reached out to admissions and asked for feedback. I was so happy to receive specific feedback on what could make me a stronger applicant in the future. I did these improvements and would send an update email to the same person from admissions. 
Then I applied again last year, got offered an interview, and was accepted!!

I’ll be starting this August! 🥳

So definitely send admissions an email about your application! ☺️

Wow, Congratulations!!! 🥳🥳☺️ That is so amazing and encouraging to hear, thank you so much for sharing your experience with me!! Wishing you nothing but the best for your start in August! I will be sure to send that email ☺️

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 2/4/2022 at 7:47 AM, VivPA said:

Hey! I'm in the same boat as you! I was rejected in November last year from every school I applied to but then they sent me that post card. It has given me so much hope and motivation, I hope both of us get interviews this cycle! 

On 7/9/2022 at 9:05 PM, HannahZ said:

Hey! I'm in the same boat as you! I was rejected in November last year from every school I applied to but then they sent me that post card. It has given me so much hope and motivation, I hope both of us get interviews this cycle! 

Omg I totally understand, I keep mine on my nightstand because its held so much hope for me!! Wouldn't that would be the most amazing thing ever!! Wishing the best for the both of us ❤❤❤