2021-2022 Application cycle

I received my acceptance email yesterday and I'm so excited! To those with lower GPAs do not get discouraged. I'm a non-traditional older applicant with a lower GPA but with 1,000s of PCA, HCA, and volunteer hours. They really do look at your application holistically. I wish everyone on the waitlist and who have yet to interview the best of luck. If you haven't interviewed yet, my best advice is to just be yourself (I know everyone tells you that) but honestly the interviewers were all so genuinely nice and interested in getting to know you. 

• Like 9
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Longhorn0914 said:

I received my acceptance email yesterday and I'm so excited! To those with lower GPAs do not get discouraged. I'm a non-traditional older applicant with a lower GPA but with 1,000s of PCA, HCA, and volunteer hours. They really do look at your application holistically. I wish everyone on the waitlist and who have yet to interview the best of luck. If you haven't interviewed yet, my best advice is to just be yourself (I know everyone tells you that) but honestly the interviewers were all so genuinely nice and interested in getting to know you. 

Great job!! Congratulations! 🥳

My interview is next week!! I am also a non-traditional student 🤗

• Like 1

Received an acceptance email yesterday as well - possibly the best birthday gift ever. 😊 

I'm in Maine with intermittent cell service, so not sure if I missed a call, or if they just sent out acceptance emails. I really loved the interview experience here. It felt as though the faculty were genuinely interested in getting to know each applicant as a person rather than just checking off interview questions. It's truly humbling to be admitted to such a quality program, and I hope I can further contribute to its success!

• Like 7

Received an acceptance email too! I’m so grateful y’all and I still cannot believe this. But to everyone waiting to hear back from the program/feeling anxious about interviews, please don’t beat yourselves up. That was me throughout the entire waiting period after my interview. We really are our own worse critics. You’re doing the best you can, and I wish you all the best. This program really focuses on who you are as a person during the interviews and they are all super kind/calming. Keep your heads up kings and queens!

• Like 3

Just declined my spot and scholarship.  It was an EXTREMELY difficult decision to make.  ☹️ I loved everything about Duke , but for personal reasons have decided to stay closer to my support system& family. hopefully one of you guys will hear very good news soon. Best wishes everyone!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, DPA101 said:

Just declined my spot and scholarship.  It was an EXTREMELY difficult decision to make.  ☹️ I loved everything about Duke , but for personal reasons have decided to stay closer to my support system& family. hopefully one of you guys will hear very good news soon. Best wishes everyone!

Best of luck to you! Did they notify you of scholarships awarded upon acceptance or did you have to apply for those?