2021 - 2022 Application Cycle!

Best of luck to everyone applying this cycle - I was accepted last cycle as an out-of-state student and will be starting the program in just a few months.

The best advice I can give is to be patient... I completed the UF supplemental application the day the cycle opened, and sent my CASPA in a week later, and then I didn't hear back for months about my application or interview invites. Easier said than done, but for UF and any program you're applying to, patience is key!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone! I didn't see a post for this year's cycle so I'm super excited to start it. I"m very nervous about applying. Last year I only applied to about 3 schools because I didn't take the GRE. 

My undergrad GPA is very low so I'm stepping out on faith here, but my science gpa, postbacc gpa, and graduate gpa are all at least 3.0. 

Here are my hours: (I tried to overcompensate to offset the low GPA)

PCE: 8,000+ hrs as a Clinical research coordinator and PT aide

Research: 1,720 hrs

Extracurricular: 1,327 hrs 

Volunteer: 686 hrs (including Guatemala medical mission trip)

Shadowing: 100 hrs (dermatology, oncology, hematology, orthopedics, emergency medicine, internal medicine, thoracic surgery, and otolaryngology)

Leadership: 41 hrs

Teaching: 6 hrs

Good luck to everyone!!!!!!!! 

• 1 month later...
33 minutes ago, moldyflower7 said:

Hey everyone, good luck this year!

I just got an email saying that the admissions committee completed an initial review of my application and that it has been forwarded to second level evaluation! I am stoked! This is for sure my top program of choice, so I am excited. 

When did you submit?

58 minutes ago, Katie1197 said:

I received the same email this morning! Goodluck!!!

Did you receive an email for the initial review? 

Just got an email saying everythings been forwarded to the admissions committee for review! Im guessing this is for the initial review and not the second level review but stoked to hear something!

I believe I received that email May 18th and it stated "We received your application materials from CASPA and your information has been forwarded to the Admissions Committee for review."

Today's states "The Admissions Committee has completed their inital review of your application and it has been forwarded for second level evaluation by members of the Admissions Committee. You will be contacted directly if you are selected for an interview this cycle. "

Hopefully this helps!

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Katie1197 said:

Has anyone heard of any rejections or anything else coming out? I know today and the next week are normally the time for decisions to come out 

I received an email today stating the admissions committee is interested in offering me an interview contingent on the review of my coursework. I submitted the syllabus they requested, but I don't know if them mentioning an interview means anything significant or if they say that to everyone they request additional information from. 

1 hour ago, Varda said:

I received an email today stating the admissions committee is interested in offering me an interview contingent on the review of my coursework. I submitted the syllabus they requested, but I don't know if them mentioning an interview means anything significant or if they say that to everyone they request additional information from. 

I got this email last year and was offered an interview after my coursework passed their requirements. So congrats!!! I hope your coursework passes review! 

I think this means invites are coming soon! Either tomorrow or next week is my guess!

Edited by buttercakes
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Varda said:

Would you mind sharing your stats?

15 hours ago, capa12 said:

Would you mind sharing your stats?

Submitted 5/17, Verified 5/18, Confirmation email 5/24, 2nd review 6/15

cGPA: 3.55    sGPA: 3.40  (upward trend of 4.0 last 3 semesters)  GRE: 320 (160V, 160Q, 4.5W) 

PCE: 2,636 hours     HCE: 504 hours   Shadowing: 148 hours    CASPer: 3rd quartile