2021 - 2022 Application Cycle!

Alright guys, be straight with me. I applied 6/28 and have only received the initial “we received your application” email on 7/6. No secondary evaluation email or anything. Should I not be expecting much at this point? I’m concerned people are already getting accepted and I haven’t even been updated once.  I’m just scared of getting ghosted (based on past forums and friends’ experiences applying to UF in the past). 

• Upvote 2

On 9/6/2021 at 9:20 AM, Plsacceptme123 said:

Alright guys, be straight with me. I applied 6/28 and have only received the initial “we received your application” email on 7/6. No secondary evaluation email or anything. Should I not be expecting much at this point? I’m concerned people are already getting accepted and I haven’t even been updated once.  I’m just scared of getting ghosted (based on past forums and friends’ experiences applying to UF in the past). 

You're not alone as I am experiencing a similar thing (applied to UF 6/30)

• Upvote 2

On 9/4/2021 at 11:02 AM, Carcosa said:
  • Applied
    • 05/27
  • Verified
    • 05/28
  • UF Application Received 
    • 06/01 
  • UF Second Level Evaluation 
    • 06/21
  • Interview
    • 08/31
  • ACCEPTED 
    • 09/03

Congratulations, that’s so amazing!! Would you mind telling those who have interviews coming up what to expect? Of course not telling us the questions, but how you prepared and what we should be expecting?

Edited by xXcvbXx

Guest sofargone
2 hours ago, Dsimosmith said:

I just received an email this morning that my application was sent to the committee for review. 

I got this same email this morning. Good luck to us! 

On 9/7/2021 at 8:05 PM, LaurenK17 said:

Congrats!! Do you have any tips on how to prepare for the interview?

I would say just relax and try to be yourself! They did a great job of making the interview open and friendly. They seemed to be more interested in getting to know me as a person than they were in stats (they already know the stats from your CASPA application). Just go in with the mindset that if you got an interview, you are qualified. It’s more about whether or not they want to spend two years with you in school and whether they feel comfortable with the idea that you will be seeing patients. You got this!

• Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, Teacup said:

Received my second level eval email today! If anyone is willing to share, I would love to hear how long you waited from this email until interview invite/rejection? Browsing this forum makes me think approximately 3-4 weeks on average for those with invites? 

When did you receive the email that your application was being sent to the committee?

36 minutes ago, Teacup said:

Received my second level eval email today! If anyone is willing to share, I would love to hear how long you waited from this email until interview invite/rejection? Browsing this forum makes me think approximately 3-4 weeks on average for those with invites? 

mine took 10 weeks from when I received the 2nd eval email to the phone call. I don't know if this is typical.

• Like 1