NHSC SCHOLARSHIP 2021-2022

1 minute ago, Halcyon said:

Has anyone who had to resubmit a corrected or incomplete Fall EVF received a countersignature?  I was asked to resubmit (via email) my Fall EVF last week because of a missing field.  As of today, my corrected form has been added to my application but I have yet to receive a countersignature.  

I had to resubmit my EVF and have not heard back yet. I was asked to resubmit on 8/21 via a link they would send within 3 days. Got the link from them on 8/24 and submitted form that day. The corrected form was automatically added to my application. I haven’t heard anything since 8/21. No countersignature yet.

@PAKS98 There are at least a few of us who were finalists and are still waiting on countersignatures.  There does not appear to be any association between the state, school, or last name, etc and when you receive a countersignature.  From what I gather, the other folks I know of who are still waiting (myself included) were asked to resubmit the EVF.  Unfortunately, I have no other information to provide.  Wishing and everyone else still waiting on a countersignature the best.  I will be sure to share any updates on the forum and hope you will do the same. 

Good luck!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cher24 said:

Congrats everyone! I was cosigned on 9/7 at 7:40 AM, they are steadily coming in!

Does anyone know who we email the "2021 Scholarship Program Guidelines for Your School" PDF to for the summer/fall semester invoice (financial aid office or program director)? A bit confused on this next process!

I forwarded mine to the directors of the administrative staff, and they told me to forward it to my financial aid director/office

• Like 1

I've sent my school's financial aid office my award letter, contract, and that 'guideline for schools' thing so that they can send an invoice to HRSA.  Has anyone else done the same?  It makes me nervous to have students loans I shouldn't have in the first place, lol!  I want that money so I can turn around and pay back the federal loans.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, missjessthepa said:

Congrats to those have been countersigned! And those still waiting I have my fingers crossed for you!

Those that have been countersigned, what info did you send to your financial aid office? I sent my office the pdf under the portal and they reached back saying that I need to create an account? Is this correct?

From the guide that doesn't seem correct? The guide seems to insinuate that your program is responsible for creating the account and submitting invoices, but maybe I'm mistaken.

7 minutes ago, HamzaPA said:

From the guide that doesn't seem correct? The guide seems to insinuate that your program is responsible for creating the account and submitting invoices, but maybe I'm mistaken.

I was under the impression that our school was expected to make an account as well. I thought that was how they (the school) submit the invoice. We don't (or at least I don't) have our school's DUNS/UEI number so I can't just send them an invoice; it has to include the school's DUNS/UEI number on it, per the school guidelines.

• Like 1

I received a finalist notification, and submitted the additional documents. However, my portal still says "Accepted award- pending verification". Does anyone know what this means? How do you know if you are getting a counter signature? I had high hopes but now a little concerned that I will not be getting it since it sounds like most people have already been notified? 

And to those that have been notified of receiving the scholarship, CONGRATS! 

10 minutes ago, kbprepa14 said:

I received a finalist notification, and submitted the additional documents. However, my portal still says "Accepted award- pending verification". Does anyone know what this means? How do you know if you are getting a counter signature? I had high hopes but now a little concerned that I will not be getting it since it sounds like most people have already been notified? 

If you download your signed contract, you will see a countersignature after your signature at the very bottom.

Don’t lose hope, you still have time! 

47 minutes ago, kbprepa14 said:

I know it’s hard not to stress… but it’s out of our hands at this point, so no point in making ourselves miserable haha. 

I am a finalist and haven’t gotten a counter signature yet. I looked back at the PA forum for last year’s scholarship and people received counter signatures up until September 23rd. So don’t lose hope yet. Every day you don’t get a rejection letter is a good day haha. WORST CASE scenario, you have to take out a few loans and can reapply to get the scholarship your second year if you’d like.

Also, the NHSC got a LOT more money this year and I’m sure some of that will go towards increased numbers of scholarships. So that is good news as well. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, missjessthepa said:

If you download your signed contract, you will see a countersignature after your signature at the very bottom.

Don’t lose hope, you still have time! 

Thank you! So I did download it and it says that it was signed by Jamie King on Sept. 10th, but I did not get an email notifying me, and not sure what the next steps are.. 

I submitted the PDF (that NHSC provided) to my sponsor support office in my school. At least in my school, it is considered sponsored scholarship. I had to navigate through many offices (finaid, bursar etc..) I didn't even know there was an office for sponsor scholarship only LOL. My school need a letter from NHSC in order to follow the instructions in the PDF. I contacted NHSC and they said those letters will be sent to schools between 9/15-9/30. They said they will send directly to school. Also, they said they haven't figured out ORC yet incase anyone is wondering. About student health insurance, they aren't sure if it will be ORC or goes to school if it isn't part of the tuition invoice. Hope this helps! Looks like NHSC is working and have to finalize things soon. 

Congratulations everyone!

• Upvote 1

Also, if you can, find one person who knows how to deal with these scholarships (even in the student insurance office). This could be challenging and lot of work but in a long run will save lot of time. Seems like many people didn't know how handle it in my school or even heard about this. Now, I have 1 contact person in each office and I just provide reference number and they know who handles it. 

• Upvote 1