Covid vaccine distribution event, liability?

3 minutes ago, CaliforniaKid said:

https://www.gov.ca.gov/2021/01/27/governor-newsom-signs-executive-order-to-help-bolster-states-vaccination-efforts-1-27-21/

Looks like this would cover it, although PAs conveniently not directly listed in the actual document linked at the bottom, unlike some others...  🙄 

If we're not listed we're not covered.

• Upvote 1

I have tried to volunteer with vaccine administration only to be told that PA's can not participate due to supervision issues.    I have worked in FP/ER/Cardiology and Pediatrics over the course of 22 years.  I give vaccines in clinic all day for well child checks, etc.     So, essentially due to our antiquated laws, I still need to be "supervised" while my pharmacy friends - that have never laid hands on a patient EVER - are getting paid to give vaccines today.   I am so beyond disgusted right now

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, bobuddy said:

I have tried to volunteer with vaccine administration only to be told that PA's can not participate due to supervision issues.    I have worked in FP/ER/Cardiology and Pediatrics over the course of 22 years.  I give vaccines in clinic all day for well child checks, etc.     So, essentially due to our antiquated laws, I still need to be "supervised" while my pharmacy friends - that have never laid hands on a patient EVER - are getting paid to give vaccines today.   I am so beyond disgusted right now

LOL welcome to being an Assistant.....You listening AAPA!?

• Upvote 1