TTUHSC 2020-2021 Application Cycle

1 hour ago, cb333 said:

I sent in my CASPA 5/14 verified 5/16 and completely the supplemental shortly after. Have not yet received any information but did reach out asking if they received my GRE scores and was told they did and my application was currently with the admissions committee under review. Not sure if that helps at all but it seems like they will hopefully send out notifications soon. Good luck!

That does help me get a better idea of what’s going on. Thank you! Best of luck to you too! 🤞🏻🤞🏻

• Like 1

On 8/4/2020 at 10:29 AM, ediep said:

Do you guys mind sharing your stats? I don't have the best GRE score so I was wondering how holistic their process is. 

3.28 cGPA, 3.02 sGPA, 1300 PCE, 300 HCE, 200 volunteering, 8 shadowing pulmonary PA. 

Hi! My GRE is okay but my PCE is on the lower end. cGPA 3.75, sGPA 3.65, GRE 311, PCE 1100, HCE 300, 25 shadowing and 150 volunteering and leadership.

I received email on 5/18 saying "application was complete and completed preliminary evaluation. The program will conduct interviews in Midland on a rolling basis as completed applications are received and reviewed until the class has been filled. Youll be contacted if you're invited for an interview." I called today but information on if they've sent out invites yet or not. Keeping fingers crossed. 

Edited by Khinder
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Khinder said:

I received email on 5/18 saying "application was complete and completed preliminary evaluation. The program will conduct interviews in Midland on a rolling basis as completed applications are received and reviewed until the class has been filled. Youll be contacted if you're invited for an interview." I called today but information on if they've sent out invites yet or not. Keeping fingers crossed. 

Oh sweet! Please let us know if they give you a date they are sending invites or if they have already! 

1 minute ago, Khinder said:

Hopefully you will get an invitation soon!🤞🏻 
I submitted my CASPA application at the beginning of this month so I’m sure I’ll hear something in November - December 😬
when did you submit your CASPA application ? 

1 hour ago, Khinder said:

I received the same email on 06/05. 

On 8/11/2020 at 7:21 PM, kbieri said:

Hi! My GRE is okay but my PCE is on the lower end. cGPA 3.75, sGPA 3.65, GRE 311, PCE 1100, HCE 300, 25 shadowing and 150 volunteering and leadership.

Hi, stats:

SGPA 4.0

CGPA 3.9

PCE 16,000

Shadowing PA 170 in OR, clinic and hospital

Volunteering 100

Gre-average scores (probably my weak point)

Applied in July.

2 hours ago, Khinder said:

I received the same email 7/31

Applied 7/19

Verified 7/21

I just received this email :

Thank you for your application to the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center Physician Assistant program.  We have received your application from CASPA and have completed a preliminary evaluation of required prerequisite courses necessary for admission into the program.  You have indicated that you will take and finish the following prerequisites by May 2021:

Organic Chemistry I                          4 hours                 In Progress Fall 2020

If the above changes for any reason, please let us know.  If you have or will complete summer courses, please submit those grades to us as soon as possible. You will be contacted if you are invited for an interview.  Interviews will be held in Midland on a rolling basis as completed applications are received and reviewed, until the class has been filled.

Fingers crossed we hear something soon ! 🤞🏻

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, RentK93 said:

I just received this email :

Thank you for your application to the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center Physician Assistant program.  We have received your application from CASPA and have completed a preliminary evaluation of required prerequisite courses necessary for admission into the program.  You have indicated that you will take and finish the following prerequisites by May 2021:

Organic Chemistry I                          4 hours                 In Progress Fall 2020

If the above changes for any reason, please let us know.  If you have or will complete summer courses, please submit those grades to us as soon as possible. You will be contacted if you are invited for an interview.  Interviews will be held in Midland on a rolling basis as completed applications are received and reviewed, until the class has been filled.

Fingers crossed we hear something soon ! 🤞🏻

Good luck 

Guest wildalaska

Just received an email inviting me to interview on September 24, 2020 via Zoom.

Not sure yet if I will accept the interview, I have already been accepted elsewhere and have a few other interviews. I don’t think I want to take up an interview spot if I am not seriously considering the program over my other acceptance so far!

CASPA verified May 11th.

Texas Tech application sent about a week later, I don’t remember the actual date.

Non-Texas resident

cGPA: 3.11

sGPA: 3.54

Last 60 credit hour GPA: 3.85

PCE: 8,000+ hours as an Army medic, medical assistant, and endoscopy technician.

GRE: 314 (158 verbal, 156 quantitative, 4.5 writing)

Volunteering: 50+ hours with my city’s Parks, Open Space, and Trails department

Best of luck to everyone waiting to hear back!

1 minute ago, wildalaska said:

Just received an email inviting me to interview on September 24, 2020 via Zoom.

Not sure yet if I will accept the interview, I have already been accepted elsewhere and have a few other interviews. I don’t think I want to take up an interview spot if I am not seriously considering the program over my other acceptance so far!

CASPA verified May 11th.

Texas Tech application sent about a week later, I don’t remember the actual date.

Non-Texas resident

cGPA: 3.11

sGPA: 3.54

Last 60 credit hour GPA: 3.85

PCE: 8,000+ hours as an Army medic, medical assistant, and endoscopy technician.

GRE: 314 (158 verbal, 156 quantitative, 4.5 writing)

Volunteering: 50+ hours with my city’s Parks, Open Space, and Trails department

Best of luck to everyone waiting to hear back!

How exciting! Thank you for keeping us updated! Congratulations on your acceptance for the other program! 🥳

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, RentK93 said:

When was CASPA verified? 

I was verified on June 13th! And I had all of my Merlin application filled out and submitted prior to even submitting on CASPA lol