TTUHSC 2020-2021 Application Cycle

On 8/19/2020 at 4:23 PM, wildalaska said:

Just received an email inviting me to interview on September 24, 2020 via Zoom.

Not sure yet if I will accept the interview, I have already been accepted elsewhere and have a few other interviews. I don’t think I want to take up an interview spot if I am not seriously considering the program over my other acceptance so far!

CASPA verified May 11th.

Texas Tech application sent about a week later, I don’t remember the actual date.

Non-Texas resident

cGPA: 3.11

sGPA: 3.54

Last 60 credit hour GPA: 3.85

PCE: 8,000+ hours as an Army medic, medical assistant, and endoscopy technician.

GRE: 314 (158 verbal, 156 quantitative, 4.5 writing)

Volunteering: 50+ hours with my city’s Parks, Open Space, and Trails department

Best of luck to everyone waiting to hear back!

Thank you for not wasting the interview spot. Its appreciated,it opens a spot for someone else. Congratulations 👏 you've already passed this phase!!! 

Guest wildalaska

Just declined my interview invite. Best of luck to everyone interviewing and to those still waiting to hear back! I hope someone here is offered my spot!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

This is my first time applying to PA school and I'm sending pretty late in the cycle because I wanted to make sure I got enough PCE to qualify for a lot of schools lol. Here's hoping! 

cGPA 3.63

sGPA: 3.61

PCE: 600 Ambulance EMT

volunteer: 700 various hospital floor volunteer and red cross volunteer

Good luck everyone!

Edited by lgentile

43 minutes ago, lgentile said:

Hi everyone,

This is my first time applying to PA school and I'm sending pretty late in the cycle because I wanted to make sure I got enough PCE to qualify for a lot of schools lol. Here's hoping! 

cGPA 3.63

sGPA: 3.61

PCE: 600 Ambulance EMT

volunteer: 700 various hospital floor volunteer and red cross volunteer

Good luck everyone!

Good luck! 

• Like 1

On 8/24/2020 at 10:13 AM, wildalaska said:

Just declined my interview invite. Best of luck to everyone interviewing and to those still waiting to hear back! I hope someone here is offered my spot!

After being accepted to one of my top choices today, I thought it was only fair to rescind my previously accepted interview as well! Good luck everyone, I hope my spot is used to give someone else a chance to shine! 

3 minutes ago, nickycole said:

May I please ask for the stats of anyone who received an interview?

GRE 300

GPA 3.20

sGPA 3.14

HCE 700 as an ED scribe

PCE 250 as a PCT in IMCU

5 letters of rec from PA, Ortho doc. I shadowed with, Medical Director ED doc, microbio prof, and college athletics coach

8000+ hours in a leadership position

2000+ hours volunteering

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, ilolo said:

GRE 300

GPA 3.20

sGPA 3.14

HCE 700 as an ED scribe

PCE 250 as a PCT in IMCU

5 letters of rec from PA, Ortho doc. I shadowed with, Medical Director ED doc, microbio prof, and college athletics coach

8000+ hours in a leadership position

2000+ hours volunteering

Wow ! Thank you for sharing this information with me !Congratulations and I hope you do really well on your interview!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Obiwankenobi said:

I was verified in August. I feel like I’ll have such a long wait! I have good stats and I’m hoping there are seats left by the time they get to me. It seems like TX is slower at extending interviews than the other programs. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Congratulations to the people with interviews!

I'm in the same boat and also Californian schools are taking their sweet time too...

46 minutes ago, Obiwankenobi said:

I was verified in August. I feel like I’ll have such a long wait! I have good stats and I’m hoping there are seats left by the time they get to me. It seems like TX is slower at extending interviews than the other programs. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Congratulations to the people with interviews!

Hey. What are your stats please if you don't mind? Also, are you a domestic or international student? Your name sounds familiar but you could be either.