Sacred Heart 2020 PA Program

On 5/22/2020 at 11:30 AM, mandyq said:

Thought I'd get this started for anyone applying to Sacred Heart this PA cycle! It is one of my top schools!

Hello! What makes this one of your top programs? If you don't mind my asking. Also, does SH have a priority deadline? 

On 5/30/2020 at 12:03 PM, Crschr said:

Hello! What makes this one of your top programs? If you don't mind my asking. Also, does SH have a priority deadline? 

Hi! So to starts I am from Connecticut. I have friends who have attended physical therapy and the NP program and loved it. The campus is gorgeous and central to great hospitals in CT and even close to those in New York. They have an emphasis on team-oriented ness and look at applicants holistically which speaks a lot to me about the value they have on being well rounded. 
I had a similar question in which I spoke to a rep of the admissions who stated that the “application deadline is October 1, however it is in the applicants best interest to apply when they are able to.” 
i hope this is helpful!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone! I wanted to post my timeline here. Hopefully we can add interviews to these soon! 

Submitted 5/13

Verified 5/14

Received by SHU 5/14 (email stated "Your application has been successfully received by the Office of Graduate Admissions and will be evaluated by the Physician Assistant Admissions Committee. If you are selected for an interview, you will be notified at the email address you have provided later on in the fall.")

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, mandyq said:

Do you have them in your CASPA but not submitted? I think they get a list of in progress ones too. 

I had it when i first started but i deleted it cause of the accreditation. If u dont mind can i ask whats the appeal for u in this program? Just wondering since the accreditation is kind of stopping me

Edited by Luckylucy555

4 minutes ago, aap423 said:

Unless I misread, it’s just Provisional, which shouldn’t effect anything with regards to students, and is common for most schools especially newer programs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah i def misread it, thats why i was confused why people were applying hahah. Gonna apply now, thank you ! Have u heard anything from the program yet ??

Just now, aap423 said:

Nope, same email as most people that I wouldn’t hear back until the fall. I also got the info session email today too but that’s it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder what the style for the info session will be, maybe well see each other on zoom !! hahaha. Hopefully well hear something soon, best of luck !! 

11 minutes ago, Luckylucy555 said:

Congratulations! & nope i only submitted yesterday 🤣 what was your timeline? 

Lmfao! Thanks girl! I submitted 5/14 and verified the same day!

14 hours ago, femeredith said:

Do you know if this means online labs that were taken after COVID-19 or even before?  @RadCT3473 

I’m not sure about that. One of my courses from early summer was converted to online because of COVID so when I saw they were accepting online labs for this session I decided to apply. You should apply and see what happens. Can’t hurt

14 hours ago, femeredith said:

Do you know if this means online labs that were taken after COVID-19 or even before?  @RadCT3473 

I would call or email the graduate admissions office! Even if they don't have the answer, they can refer you to the person who does. They seem incredibly nice and helpful. They sent out an email after I applied providing the admissions information. 

"When you have questions, or would like to meet with a member of our staff, please call the Office of Graduate Admissions at 203-365-7619 or email us at gradstudies@sacredheart.edu. " Hopefully this helps!