Sacred Heart 2020 PA Program

10 hours ago, Akua92 said:

How are y'all feeling about that tuition though?100,000 plus.. I understand this is higher education but man that is a lot of money.. what do you guys think? And how will you all plan to pay for tuition

The tuition can be daunting at first. In the interview process the faculty informed us that if accepted you will get a financial assistance packet after you submit your decision confirming you accept the offer. My plan at the moment is to use savings, grants, loans, apply for scholarships, and the last option will be to use low interest private loans from banks. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, rmdelacruz said:

Did anyone's passport style photo upload weird into the docusign? Any photo I upload has such poor resolution. Is it my photos or is it the docusign? Is this worth stressing about? Also while I'm here, did everyone get a picture done at CVS/Walgreens or did you just take your own?

So I had the same problem and could not fix it. I’m not sure why but no matter what I did, it looked horrible. 

I went to CVS to get it done. 

• Like 1

Just now, marykay said:

So I had the same problem and could not fix it. I’m not sure why but no matter what I did, it looked horrible. 

I went to CVS to get it done. 

6 hours ago, rmdelacruz said:

Did anyone's passport style photo upload weird into the docusign? Any photo I upload has such poor resolution. Is it my photos or is it the docusign? Is this worth stressing about? Also while I'm here, did everyone get a picture done at CVS/Walgreens or did you just take your own?

Yes I had the same issue and I got my picture taken at cvs. What I did was increase the resolution on my scanner in the settings section. That helped a bit but did not completely fix the issues. Hope this helps and best of luck 

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, CaguiPA said:

Yes I had the same issue and I got my picture taken at cvs. What I did was increase the resolution on my scanner in the settings section. That helped a bit but did not completely fix the issues. Hope this helps and best of luck 

Okay good to know. I took mine on my own and edited it but it’s reassuring to know it wasn’t just me. Thank you both so much! 

39 minutes ago, rmdelacruz said:

Okay good to know. I took mine on my own and edited it but it’s reassuring to know it wasn’t just me. Thank you both so much! 

I took a professional photo myself on my iPhone and just cropped it to make sure it was the right passport dimensions! 🙂  Good luck to everyone interviewing on Sunday!! So excited! 

Guest dean227
10 minutes ago, uniqueanika said:

I am pretty sure it's mid November, but I could be wrong. It's been over a month already and I'm getting worried

Feel the same way! 

7 minutes ago, Akua92 said:

For those applying and or accepted. Why is Sacred Heart Uni . Your top choice? Or if its not your top? And why do you like the program compared to others?

The program has state of the art technology and simulation labs. They place an emphasis on diversity which is shown by the different type of faculty they have including but not limited to RD, MD, PA, Pharmacist, etc. I also got a sense of family and community involvement from the program and during the interview process. They value and recognize the importance of collaboration within the program and amongst healthcare professionals to provide the best patient care. They have a focus on primary care as well. Hope this helps and best of luck during this process. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CaguiPA said:

The program has state of the art technology and simulation labs. They place an emphasis on diversity which is shown by the different type of faculty they have including but not limited to RD, MD, PA, Pharmacist, etc. I also got a sense of family and community involvement from the program and during the interview process. They value and recognize the importance of collaboration within the program and amongst healthcare professionals to provide the best patient care. They have a focus on primary care as well. Hope this helps and best of luck during this process. 

I see. If one is to attend this program, after graduation could they still  do a different specialty? 

I just got an acceptance call this morning! 😭 (interviewed 11/8) This has been a long journey. I just want everyone to know to keep going & definitely do your best to improve any part that you can but let the rest play out the way it's meant to.

Is there a facebook group I can join or create?

Edited by TreasuredPA
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, TreasuredPA said:

I just got an acceptance call this morning! 😭 (interviewed 11/8) This has been a long journey. I just want everyone to know to keep going & definitely do your best to improve any part that you can but let the rest play out the way it's meant to.

Congrats!! 🙂  That is amazing! I interviewed on 11/8, too! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TreasuredPA said:

Congrats!!! You must be so excited. Hope you get a chance to celebrate!!

2 hours ago, TreasuredPA said:

Congrats!!! Such an amazing feeling!! Do you have any tips for interviewing?