2020-2021 Application Cycle

16 hours ago, Kerry said:

WOW! The level of the people applying here is intimidating. If these are the guys getting rejected, the rest of you must all have papers published.

I've spoken with several admissions people and students from prior years. OHSU is VERY holistic in its approach, while some of the normal stats we discuss here are graded/weighted, they still approach each application with how they best fit/future success (and they do look at ALL applications).

I do agree that they are looking for something very specific, so regardless of your high/low stats you can get accepted/rejected. I know that if your narratives (personal statement and supplemental questions) do not communicate your intentions, then it doesn't matter what your stats are. I applied last year with above average stats, but looking back at my personal statement and responses, they were terrible, plus I've gone through much more in that year. After working on them some time, it was only then that I felt like I actually have a shot. Although, I have only just reapplied a few weeks ago, so who knows what will happen🤷‍♂️

Good luck to everyone regardless of the outcome!!!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, everist89 said:

I've spoken with several admissions people and students from prior years. OHSU is VERY holistic in its approach, while some of the normal stats we discuss here are graded/weighted, they still approach each application with how they best fit/future success (and they do look at ALL applications).

I do agree that they are looking for something very specific, so regardless of your high/low stats you can get accepted/rejected. I know that if your narratives (personal statement and supplemental questions) do not communicate your intentions, then it doesn't matter what your stats are. I applied last year with above average stats, but looking back at my personal statement and responses, they were terrible, plus I've gone through much more in that year. After working on them some time, it was only then that I felt like I actually have a shot. Although, I have only just reapplied a few weeks ago, so who knows what will happen🤷‍♂️

Good luck to everyone regardless of the outcome!!!

This was beyond informative!! thank you so much for sharing! This is really a wake up call for rechecking those "copy and paste" personal statements to make them above and beyond, for them already being so effortless (this is in my case). 

Edited by mands

Guest Jonascdn
Just got my rejection. Applied 6/18. 

cGPA 3.64, sGPA 3.48, PCE: 2400 Volunteer: 200, Shadow: 100, Oregon resident

Good luck everyone!

I’m so sorry. I hope you get it in somewhere. Let’s keep our head up. You have amazing stats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Jonascdn said:

I’m so sorry. I hope you get it in somewhere. Let’s keep our head up up have amazing stats.

Thank you! On the brighter side, got my first interview invite elsewhere earlier today so a bit of a rollercoaster today 🙃  

Guest Jonascdn
Thank you! On the brighter side, got my first interview invite elsewhere earlier today so a bit of a rollercoaster today [emoji854]  

Hey that’s amazing news see, like my grandma would say “when one door closes another one opens” Good luck and you got this.

13 minutes ago, Camulcahy said:

Just got my rejection.

cGPA: 3.43

sGPA: 3.29

PCE: 6,000

Best of luck to everyone! For those of you that get in, congrats on becoming a PA! you're gonna kick some butt!!!!!

Sorry to hear that. Do you mind me asking when your app was submitted/verified?

Guest Jonascdn
Just got my rejection.
cGPA: 3.43
sGPA: 3.29
PCE: 6,000
Best of luck to everyone! For those of you that get in, congrats on becoming a PA! you're gonna kick some butt!!!!!

Did you get it today? Hey if you applied somewhere else you still have a chance don’t give up we are all in a journey together.

On 8/14/2020 at 3:33 PM, mimikim said:

Just got my rejection as well. I’m a little surprised because my LORs are from OHSU faculty members and I’m an OR resident as well. Good luck to those of you that are still in the running!!!

cGPA: 3.6

sGPA: 3.5

PCE: a little over 2k

That's too bad.

Same thing happened to me last year as well. It really shocked my PI's since they know what they wrote.

Good luck on the rest of your apps or if you decide to reapply like me😊

• Like 1

Seems like they are rejecting everyone before sending invites to interviews. it really makes this a very uneasy process, but yes, if someone can answer @mikedelta !! is it via email? 😮 

Edited by mands

2 hours ago, MikeDelta said:

For those with interviews/rejections, were you notified by email?

I'm not one of the people invited/rejected but I can confirm that all such communications are conducted via email. Email is the standard across all programs, with very few exceptions.