2020-2021 Application Cycle

Just received my invitation to interview today (9/4/2020)!!!!

I applied last year, but was rejected after a couple of months. My stats were mostly the same, so all my changes in my personal statement, supplemental questions, and letters of rec must have really made a difference!!! Don't let your low GPA get you down!!

cGPA: 3.14

sGPA: 3.04

PCE: 5700 as a CNA in a group home and a CNA on a med/surg unit at an academic medical center

Volunteer: 250

Shadowing: 48

Good luck to everyone else still waiting to hear back 🙂 

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, kyager1 said:

I applied last year, but was rejected after a couple of months. My stats were mostly the same, so all my changes in my personal statement, supplemental questions, and letters of rec must have really made a difference!!! Don't let your low GPA get you down!!

PCE: 5700 as a CNA in a group home and a CNA on a med/surg unit at an academic medical center

What email does the invite come from?! 

1 minute ago, nathang said:

Just got rejected..

From this school and another school within a 5 minute span.

Devastated..

Message me if you need support! Anyone else is welcome to message me if you need support!! 🙂  I'm refreshing my email. I have a weird gut feeling because I haven't gotten an answer yet. 

I also just got the rejection letter today 9/4. Last year they took almost 10 weeks to decide, but this year was 6 weeks🤔. As was the case last year (7/22/19), was notified by OHSU on 7/20/20. Since I know someone will ask😂

My stats were, at the time of application:

cGPA 3.63

sGPA 3.43

PCE as a phlebotomist float- 1163 

Clinical researcher (at OHSU's Doernbecher's)- 2250

ICU volunteer (OHSU)- 405

Was told that they weighted their hours, so my clinical research didn't count for as much. Of course, they couldn't, or wouldn't, clarify as to how much mine were 'worth' (I know it is highly dependent on my job explanation) so essentially, my hours came up short last year. Naturally, I did try to find more work to get into and get more hours, but the job I was slotted to take was in March 2020, and they did the hiring freeze due to pandemic (at OHSU too). So I went with the hours I listed above. I'm not too shaken by this, as I wasn't certain how they were going to count my hours; I'm more perturbed the turnaround time was so short 🤷‍♂️.

For those with interviews or still waiting to hear, good luck!!! Try not to check this forum daily, causes anxiety in me when I'm not usually an anxious person 😂. For those of us that got our answer, good luck on our other applications and try not to read too much into it like I just did lol.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ssrineedanap said:

I haven't heard anything from them and I'm concerned. I check my spam folder every day but there's nothing there. Anyone else in the same boat? (Sorry this is my first cycle so I'm not sure what to expect)

I was in the same boat and I applied 5/26... just got my rejection today at 2:30pm.

3.86 cGPA, 3.71 sGPA, just over 2,000 hours PCE, 460 hours volunteer, 90 hours shadowing

Good luck to everyone!! 🙂 

4 hours ago, Ssrineedanap said:

Hi Everyone! I was rejected today (9/4)

I submitted 7/14

My stats:

cGPA 3.49

sGPA 2.78 😬

12k+ PCE hours 😇

900 volunteer hours

0 shadowing hours 😬

Out of state resident.

Good luck to all of you still in the running! You're going to nail those interviews! ☺️

Im sorry to hear about that. PA application is a tough competition. Just keep pushing yourself. You'll get there. Will get there. Good luck on your journey. More power.

8 hours ago, kyager1 said:

Are you Oregon resident?

On 9/4/2020 at 12:13 PM, Mariahdawn said:

Just got put on hold 😞 they said they will review my application every 2 weeks and send updates on if they are going to extend an interview spot or not. 

Same here. Better than a rejection if we are looking at the positives. Sometimes little things like that are what will hold us through these crazy app cycles! Regardless of acceptance, rejection, or hold status I know you will all make incredible providers one day! Keep your head up and never stop chasing your dreams 🙂  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, dvspa said:

Does anyone know what the interviews are supposed to be like? I know it’ll be different from prior years of course due to COVID, but I wasn’t sure if OHSU implemented MMI or other formats in prior year interviews.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last year they had a combination of MMI’s and a group interview. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Christine616 said:

The fact that everyone got a response (9/4/2020) with either a rejection or interview has me super worried I miss something. Checked both spam and inbox but I'm hoping I'm anxious over nothing and I will get a response soon. Has anyone email them regarding status update? If so so how responsive are they? 

Don’t stress! There are still many people that haven’t heard yet. I am a re-applicant- was on the waitlist last year- and I haven’t heard anything yet either. I submitted mine in late June, I believe. Even if it looks like they’ve moved past your application time frame, don’t worry. As long as you haven’t gotten an outright rejection you’re doing fine! 🙂 

Just received an email that I’ve been placed on the “hold list” and that they will reconvene and look over my application again in roughly two weeks to decide whether or not to extend an invitation or denial. Hopefully this helps some people and good luck to those still waiting or interviewing and congrats to those on acceptances! 

1 hour ago, niquemack said:

Just received an email that I’ve been placed on the “hold list” and that they will reconvene and look over my application again in roughly two weeks to decide whether or not to extend an invitation or denial. Hopefully this helps some people and good luck to those still waiting or interviewing and congrats to those on acceptances! 

May I ask when did you submit your application?