2020-2021 Application Cycle

22 hours ago, JessicaPortlandOR said:

During the online PA Fair today they stated that interview invites will likely start going out in August

Thanks for sharing! Did they happen to say why they’re sending it out that early?

edit: oh, nvm haha! Went through some old posts and they usually do send out invites/rejections mid-August!

Edited by mimikim

On 7/29/2020 at 1:59 AM, Christine616 said:

Oh god, I haven't used my linkedin in god knows how long I hope it's updated lol. 

Edit: The answer is no. But I saw no history of them viewing my profile

Yeah, I mean I dont know if it is something they do for every applicant or if it was just a coincidence because I was visiting Portland at the time they viewed it. My guess is that I was maybe being viewed because I was in Portland and the hospital system saw me. But I have no idea, just thought it was interesting

Guest mands

I literally started my free 1 month trial to unlock who is viewing my profile (cancelled after because no one has cash for that)! For me I didn't see anyone looking except my friends & colleagues... so who knows! 

Guest wildalaska

Just received my rejection email.

Fortunately I've been accepted to another program and I have a few more interviews scheduled as well, so it is not the end of the world haha!

Verified CASPA sent on June 1st, "application received" email on June 8th, rejection email August 7th.

cGPA: 3.11

sGPA: 3.54

Last 60 credit hour GPA: 3.85

PCE: 8,000+ hours as an Army medic, medical assistant, and endoscopy technician.

Best of luck to everyone!!

3 minutes ago, wildalaska said:

Just received my rejection email.

Fortunately I've been accepted to another program and I have a few more interviews scheduled as well, so it is not the end of the world haha!

Verified CASPA sent on June 1st, "application received" email on June 8th, rejection email August 7th.

cGPA: 3.11

sGPA: 3.54

Last 60 credit hour GPA: 3.85

PCE: 8,000+ hours as an Army medic, medical assistant, and endoscopy technician.

Best of luck to everyone!!

Dang, you are a strong applicant! Congrats on you acceptance elsewhere though! Where did you get in and where interviewing? 

22 minutes ago, Jonascdn said:

Damn! Everyone receiving rejection emails making my anxiety go up here refreshing if i received anything. But my refresh button might be broken lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I suppose the "no news is good news" adage is fitting in this instance! 

• Like 1

Guest Jonascdn
For reference my stats were:

GPA 3.98

sGPA 3.95 

Last 60: 3.97 

Experience hours: 2,100 as EMT and Ophthalmic Technician 

hope others have more luck! [emoji1360]

Sorry about that

Guest wildalaska
3 minutes ago, weeitsvi said:

For those with rejections, are you guys from Oregon?

Nope, I am from Colorado! They're clearly looking for something specific, there has been a wide range of diverse yet rejected applicants today!

Guest wildalaska
2 hours ago, alysd said:

Dang, you are a strong applicant! Congrats on you acceptance elsewhere though! Where did you get in and where interviewing? 

Thank you! Ive been accepted at South University in Savannah, GA, and have scheduled interviews for Emory University and University of Florida!

Guest Jonascdn
Holy cow! all these amazing applicants with amazing stats getting rejected is churning my stomach!!! : (

Same my stomach is turning. I am also amazed how they said they are looking at holistic applicants. Which puts us all in the same boat.

Guest mands
1 minute ago, alysd said:

Those of you who got rejections today sound like really strong applicants, I’m sure you’ll get interviews elsewhere! 

I didn’t get anything today, but I applied later than most of you (July 11th). I’m located in Northern California. 

I applied pretty late (around the same time as you) too, so i'm sure it'll be a bit before it cycles down to me! 

Edited by mands