2020-2021 LHU Application Cycle

9 hours ago, AliceT5 said:

Just got an email informing me that the admissions committee has made all offers required to fill the program and that I'm on the waitlist. Interviewed 10/5

Hope you get pulled off the waitlist!

Am I the only one that's surprised that they already made all the offers since I thought they were still going to hold interviews till the end of this month? I was placed in the hold category after my interview in September and I haven't heard anything else which makes me wonder if I'm now in the rejected pile. 😕

• Like 1

7 hours ago, heyAT said:

Am I the only one that's surprised that they already made all the offers since I thought they were still going to hold interviews till the end of this month? I was placed in the hold category after my interview in September and I haven't heard anything else which makes me wonder if I'm now in the rejected pile. 😕

I am feeling the same! I was also put on hold after my September interview so I have no idea where I stand now. They said most would be placed on hold but not hearing about a waitlist has me very nervous. 

13 hours ago, heyAT said:

I'm not sure if being on the waitlist is the same as being on hold either 😕 This is the email I got though, if you want to compare it with the one that you received for the hold!

Hello and I hope your year is going well so far,

This is a notification from the Admissions Committee of Lock Haven University's Physician Assistant Program. I am writing to update you on your status as a candidate for our program.  As I am sure you are aware the candidate pool for admissions into Lock Haven’s PA program was very competitive.  Just the fact that you received an interview placed you high among all candidates for the program.   

At this point the admissions committee has made offers required to fill our program but you are among the top candidates if a seat becomes available.  We sometimes have students that choose to decline our offer to complete their degree elsewhere.  The admissions committee has developed a short list of applicants that are extremely qualified for the program and may be offered admission in the event that an opening occurs.  We have placed you on this list and you will be notified via email of any changes in your status as we continue through the next few months.  If you are not interested in remaining on this list please let me know.  If a seat becomes available, I will contact you immediately to make an offer.   

Sincerely,

Dr. Amber O'Brien, PA-C, Assistant Professor

11 hours ago, AliceT5 said:

I'm not sure if being on the waitlist is the same as being on hold either 😕 This is the email I got though, if you want to compare it with the one that you received for the hold!

Hello and I hope your year is going well so far,

This is a notification from the Admissions Committee of Lock Haven University's Physician Assistant Program. I am writing to update you on your status as a candidate for our program.  As I am sure you are aware the candidate pool for admissions into Lock Haven’s PA program was very competitive.  Just the fact that you received an interview placed you high among all candidates for the program.   

At this point the admissions committee has made offers required to fill our program but you are among the top candidates if a seat becomes available.  We sometimes have students that choose to decline our offer to complete their degree elsewhere.  The admissions committee has developed a short list of applicants that are extremely qualified for the program and may be offered admission in the event that an opening occurs.  We have placed you on this list and you will be notified via email of any changes in your status as we continue through the next few months.  If you are not interested in remaining on this list please let me know.  If a seat becomes available, I will contact you immediately to make an offer.   

Sincerely,

Dr. Amber O'Brien, PA-C, Assistant Professor

well dang, yeah, I interviewed 10/19, and still haven't heard anything. Admittedly, this is probs what I get for submitting 9/30, but c'est la vie I suppose 😅

16 hours ago, Pa98173jd said:

How did you guys figure out which campus you've been admitted to? When I logged in, I see Clearfield campus but that wasn't my 1st or 2nd choice and I didn't receive an email saying I didn't get my 1st and 2nd choice

I got the acceptance letter in the mail with the campus location.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Pa98173jd said:

How did you guys figure out which campus you've been admitted to? When I logged in, I see Clearfield campus but that wasn't my 1st or 2nd choice and I didn't receive an email saying I didn't get my 1st and 2nd choice

I got the email from Lori that Clearfield and Coudersport were my only options. I would email her to clarify. 

So they just notified me today that I’m one of their candidates at the top of their wait/short list too. I knew this might happen, especially since I knew their seats where full before I interviewed on Nov 9th. Its the best thing that could happen I suppose, but I wanna get in sooo badly. Never been stressed out more in my life.

Does anyone know if they release a ranked waitlist? I vaguely remember them saying something about having a ranked list.

3 hours ago, christian7447 said:

So they just notified me today that I’m one of their candidates at the top of their wait/short list too. I knew this might happen, especially since I knew their seats where full before I interviewed on Nov 9th. Its the best thing that could happen I suppose, but I wanna get in sooo badly. Never been stressed out more in my life.

Does anyone know if they release a ranked waitlist? I vaguely remember them saying something about having a ranked list.

I spoke to Lori today. They said at the interview that we would be able to see what number we were in line. Lori said today that she won't be able to tell us that information until January since they still have more interviews. So if you don't hear any more by January you should be able to find that out! 

Also, my email also said Top of the Waitlist/Short list. Is this the generic email they send out for all the waitlisted candidates? Anyone know how many they put on the wait list and how it is ranked? Like is it first come first serve or would they put someone higher on the list who may be more qualified?

Edited by Userisunknown
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...