2020-2021 LHU Application Cycle

Has anyone had an interview or one come up soon?  I have mine this week and haven't gotten any updated information about the day of my interview ( zoom link, schedule, etc.) Should I email the program about it?

I was in the same boat but just received my official zoom invite for thursdays interview

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 8/10/2020 at 11:01 AM, PrePALife0987 said:

Does anyone have any information on/has heard from previous students regarding the essay?

I graduated from this school and  interviewed with them last cycle. Two essay questions they used last cycle were " If your patient told you they wanted to see a chiropractor or acupuncturist for pain how would you respond." and "describe a situation in which you had to make an ethical decision". they also typically gave anatomy tests to see where the incoming classes anatomy knowledge lies. I doubt they will do either this year since they are virtual 

14 hours ago, FuturePA1414 said:

I graduated from this school and  interviewed with them last cycle. Two essay questions they used last cycle were " If your patient told you they wanted to see a chiropractor or acupuncturist for pain how would you respond." and "describe a situation in which you had to make an ethical decision". they also typically gave anatomy tests to see where the incoming classes anatomy knowledge lies. I doubt they will do either this year since they are virtual 

Are these answers expected to be given in essay format ( intro, body, conclusion) or are they more like short answer?

Hello! I have my interview tomorrow, my first ever (ahhh!!), and I would love any advice I could get.  I am worried about the essay portion? I also have not received a zoom link yet - is anyone else in the same position?
Hey you should contact Lori Beers regarding the Zoom invite. I am interviewing tomorrow too and received my invite yesterday.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I interviewed today and it was pretty laid back. They actually tailor the interview to your application so an interviewer and I (I had a panel of three) both currently work in mitigation homeless shelters and they asked questions specifically to your experiences, so I wouldn’t be surprised if they choose her to interview me on purpose. Definitely the most personal interview I have had thus far!  

Edited by Imani
  • Upvote 1

I interviewed today and it was pretty laid back. They actually tailor the interview to your application so an interviewer and I (I had a panel of three) both currently work in a mitigation homeless shelter and they asked questions specifically to your experiences. Definitely the most personal interview I have had thus far!  

How long was the interview process? Was it just one interview with a panel and then the essay?

Just now, nsbiosands said:

How long was the interview process? Was it just one interview with a panel and then the essay?

Essay first, then panel interview/ Q&A. I was actually one of the last to interview so I was in the Q&A for an hour and a half before I had my interview. They take people five at a time to interview while everyone else stays in the lobby to talk to current students. 

• Like 1

Essay first, then panel interview/ Q&A. I was actually one of the last to interview so I was in the Q&A for an hour and a half before I had my interview. They take people five at a time to interview while everyone else stays in the lobby to talk to current students. 

Thanks for the insight! So it was tailored but also in a group fashion?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23 hours ago, Pa98173jd said:

Is this for in-person interviews?

Nope, that was on a Zoom interview! They have all of the interviewees in one large Zoom room, and then when it’s your time to interview, they move you and the interviewers to a “break out room” on Zoom. It’ll just be you and whoever is interviewing you! Then, once your interview is over, you can move back into the large Zoom room again for the rest of the Q&A. It was a nice format!

• Like 1

On 8/28/2020 at 4:46 PM, Pa98173jd said:

For those that interviewed, what was the interview style and the question style? I was invited to interview in about 2 weeks and I'm getting a bit anxious as this is my first interview this cycle. 

It was a pretty conversational and “typical” interview in my experience! Nothing surprised me too much, and I feel like I got to know the interviewers a bit better. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pa98173jd said:

I will also be interviewing on 9/14 at 8am! It isnt a group interview right? I assume it is just multiple breakout rooms. 

From what I understand, it starts as a group session for Q&A and such but there are breakout rooms to conduct individual interviews. So we won't be interviewing together but will be in the same meeting until we are pulled for the individual interviews.

• Upvote 1