2020-2021 LHU Application Cycle

Current LH student here: Just to let you guys know to help with your decision making, LH does not have enough clinical rotation sites for the students currently in the program. Majority of the clinical year students are not on rotations yet due to the lack of sites. The year behind us will be graduating late as well now that the class of 2021 is no longer graduating by May. They lost over 53% of their clinical sites in the past 12 months and have not found more sites to compensate. They also have failed to communicate with students and tell them that they even have rotations. I personally didn't know I had a rotation until my preceptor asked why I never showed up. 
Yikes, thanks for the heads up

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

Current LH student here: Just to let you guys know to help with your decision making, LH does not have enough clinical rotation sites for the students currently in the program. Majority of the clinical year students are not on rotations yet due to the lack of sites. The year behind us will be graduating late as well now that the class of 2021 is no longer graduating by May. They lost over 53% of their clinical sites in the past 12 months and have not found more sites to compensate. They also have failed to communicate with students and tell them that they even have rotations. I personally didn't know I had a rotation until my preceptor asked why I never showed up. 

Thanks for sharing! That’s definitely something to consider for me because i’m deciding between LH and another program

1 hour ago, AnonymousBeaver1557 said:

Is this a problem for all campus sites or the one you have chosen?

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, AnonymousBeaver1557 said:

Thank you so much for the insight, I will be choosing another school. students talked about this issue a little during the interview, hopefully it gets sorted out for you guys 😞

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, heyAT said:

Interviewed 9/28 PM session and just received an email today that I was placed in the hold category. Best of luck everyone! 

Me too! Same interview date as well. Good luck to you! They did say many people would be put on hold so I'm still hoping for good news in the future!

On 10/10/2020 at 12:11 AM, Kiki99 said:

Hi! Thank you for this info! I am wondering.... is this issue a symptom of COVID or is the department usually disorganized? No shade, I am just curious. 

This has been an issue before COVID. We were not even allowed to ask them about rotations because they told us we are "immature" and "unprofessional" if we ask where we have rotations at. Before COVID they lost hundreds of rotation sites and did not have many clinical sites left, hence why we were not allowed to ask. Now they will not even communicate with any of us to update us on when we will graduate (which is an issue because now we can't sign up for boards or apply for jobs). We have not had a conversation with the school since August because they refuse to talk to us.... 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, AnonymousBeaver1557 said:

This has been an issue before COVID. We were not even allowed to ask them about rotations because they told us we are "immature" and "unprofessional" if we ask where we have rotations at. Before COVID they lost hundreds of rotation sites and did not have many clinical sites left, hence why we were not allowed to ask. Now they will not even communicate with any of us to update us on when we will graduate (which is an issue because now we can't sign up for boards or apply for jobs). We have not had a conversation with the school since August because they refuse to talk to us.... 

Please keep us updated! They haven't been communicating with accepted applicants either. It has been a month and a few weeks without an official acceptance letter. Im sort of glad though because it pushes back when I have to pay a deposit while awaiting responses from other programs. 

On 10/15/2020 at 8:28 AM, AnonymousBeaver1557 said:

Do you happen to know why they have lost clinical rotation sites by chance?

JUST RECIEVED THIS EMAIL

Good Morning,

First off, congratulations on your acceptance.

As I mentioned in the interview process, in light of the current pandemic many things, including communication, have been more challenging.  I am contacting you due to an error in a previous email that you received from the admission committee regarding campus location. 

You were offered the Lock Haven Campus in the original email however I regret to inform you that the Lock Haven Campus is currently full.  We do have seats available at our Clearfield and Coudersport locations.  Please let us know if you would like to accept a seat at one of these campus locations.  If you do accept the seat at either of these campus locations, please let us know if you would also like to be placed on the waitlist for the Lock Haven location.

I am sorry for the miscommunication and want to congratulate you again on your acceptance into Lock Haven University’s Physician Assistant Program.

4 minutes ago, MOO2018 said:

JUST RECIEVED THIS EMAIL

Good Morning,

As I mentioned in the interview process, in light of the current pandemic many things, including communication, have been more challenging.  I am contacting you due to an error in a previous email that you received from the admission committee regarding campus location. 

You were offered the Lock Haven Campus in the original email however I regret to inform you that the Lock Haven Campus is currently full.  We do have seats available at our Clearfield and Coudersport locations.  Please let us know if you would like to accept a seat at one of these campus locations.  If you do accept the seat at either of these campus locations, please let us know if you would also like to be placed on the waitlist for the Lock Haven location.

I am sorry for the miscommunication and want to congratulate you again on your acceptance into Lock Haven University’s Physician Assistant Program.

Did you receive an original email offering you the Lock Haven campuses earlier? If so, what date?

1 hour ago, MOO2018 said:

JUST RECIEVED THIS EMAIL

Good Morning,

I also just received this email... does anyone know if we have to pay our deposit to remain on the waitlist? I personally only would consider attending this program if it was at main campus and do not want to have to pay the deposit just to be put on the waitlist for it. 

Hi, I emailed Lori about deposits if you received that email yesterday about being waitlisted at the lock haven campus. She said that she can put us on the waitlist right away and that when we receive our official acceptance letter, we will have two weeks to pay the deposit. I also asked where I was on the waitlist and she told me. So it seems like we will definitely need to put a deposit down if we want to wait for our top campus choices. 

• Upvote 1