2020-2021 LHU Application Cycle

2 hours ago, PrePALife0987 said:

Same. Do you guys see any information about a deposit? 

When you click to accept the offer of admission, your portal will be updated with a link to submit the deposit. I still don't see anywhere that indicates what campus the offer is for though.

Edited by lg215

2 minutes ago, BV412 said:

I still haven't recieved my letter but I got the email with the portal. The portal needed a password that I assume is on the letter? Is this something that's coming? Is the portal where I am accepting the offer and paying the deposit?

Yup! The portal is where you can see the letter and accept the offer. 

On 10/15/2020 at 8:28 AM, AnonymousBeaver1557 said:

This has been an issue before COVID. We were not even allowed to ask them about rotations because they told us we are "immature" and "unprofessional" if we ask where we have rotations at. Before COVID they lost hundreds of rotation sites and did not have many clinical sites left, hence why we were not allowed to ask. Now they will not even communicate with any of us to update us on when we will graduate (which is an issue because now we can't sign up for boards or apply for jobs). We have not had a conversation with the school since August because they refuse to talk to us.... 

Can you give us an update on the rotations and everything else you'd like to share?

After hearing about the loss of clinical rotation areas, leaving students stranded, and the poor communicate, I am giving up my spot for the interview I have coming up. I have already been accepted to another PA program that has great communication and multiple clinical rotation sites. Hearing about the problems this school has kinda pushed me away. 

Paid my deposit and received my school email. There was some hesitation due to comments earlier in the forum but I believe that this is the best option (thus far for me lol) as the program is long established, continued accredited, 24 months, and half the cost of attendance compared to other programs even as an out-of-state student. Also, it is a reason for me to finally move out of California. Hope to see y'all in May! 

Edited by Pa98173jd
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, Pa98173jd said:

Paid my deposit and received my school email. There was some hesitation due to comments earlier in the forum but I believe that this is the best option (thus far for me lol) as the program is long established, continued accredited, 24 months, and half the cost of attendance compared to other programs even as an out-of-state student. Also, it is a reason for me to finally move out of California. Hope to see y'all in May! 

Congrats! Which campus?

5 hours ago, Pa98173jd said:

The comments about clinical sites put a bit of a damper on my excitement but just paid my deposit with confidence. LHU has always been tied as my top choice for the exact reasons you mentioned. I've been seeing posts online about how PA schools are struggling with clinical sites because of Covid to the point that some students are suing their schools. The uncertainties around Covid also push me more towards a more affordable program.