2020-2021 Application Cycle!

Guys, you’re going to receive an e-mail 2-3 days in advance, so be ready! Expect several emails with links (I had around 7 which was a bit confusing). Make sure to first respond to “invite” by clicking “yes”. 

The software they use is WebEx (not zoom), make sure your browser can install it smoothly. I used my work laptop and when I had to sign in it didn’t let me to install! So, make sure it works or if you’re not tech savvy at least have a back up laptop with your email open to follow link from there. 

The interview itself is structured and somewhat  formal. Not weird, not very challenging. Faculty members are friendly/neutral, coordinator is helpful. (Just in case have her phone ready if you have issues). Good luck!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

22 hours ago, sandra18 said:

Guys, you’re going to receive an e-mail 2-3 days in advance, so be ready! Expect several emails with links (I had around 7 which was a bit confusing). Make sure to first respond to “invite” by clicking “yes”. 

The software they use is WebEx (not zoom), make sure your browser can install it smoothly. I used my work laptop and when I had to sign in it didn’t let me to install! So, make sure it works or if you’re not tech savvy at least have a back up laptop with your email open to follow link from there. 

The interview itself is structured and somewhat  formal. Not weird, not very challenging. Faculty members are friendly/neutral, coordinator is helpful. (Just in case have her phone ready if you have issues). Good luck!

Thanks for sharing! In the past, they had a writing segment. Did they have one this year?

1 hour ago, wannabeapa said:

Thanks for sharing! In the past, they had a writing segment. Did they have one this year?

I’m not sure what the writing segment is. We only had what they announced in their initial email:

1 - welcome session with program director and other faculty and stuff (8.30-9.15 ish)

2 - individual interview with faculty members - about 30 min at designated time

You’re welcome!

• Thanks 1

On 10/19/2020 at 9:55 AM, wannabeapa said:
On 10/19/2020 at 11:03 AM, sandra18 said:
On 10/18/2020 at 11:54 AM, sandra18 said:

@sandra18  I only got two seperate emails for both and they just say "join event".....I'm not seeing anywhere to respond to the invite and click yes?? any insight?

I’m not sure by mistake or not, I received several similar emails the night before my interview.
There was no time to ask, so I just clicked “join event” to all of them 😬. In the morning I received more emails and also clicked “join event” or “join meeting” to all. 

After first part I received 2 more emails and again clicked “join event” to both.

5 min before my time I clicked “join meeting”.

Most likely they just not used to WebEx and sent redundant emails by error 🤔

14 hours ago, PSharma said:
14 hours ago, PSharma said:

Mine was on July 14

2 hours ago, Scifo325 said:

Good luck to everyone today! Assuming I must be next week then (supplemental submitted August 12th) 

Thanks PSharma and SCifo for telling your supp app dates, I was just aking myself what is the date off the supp appl that the interviews going now. Thank you again.