2020-2021 Application Cycle!

10 minutes ago, Gr8nessawaits said:

So if you receive a supplemental that means you’ll get an interview? Where does it say that. I hope it’s true, I just received a supplemental.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you look on pg 27 of the Towson Physician Assistant Program Application and Admission Booklet it says: "Only applicants selected for an interview will be asked to complete electronic supplemental application materials and submit additional fees. In addition, Towson University will require official transcripts."

• Like 2

On 7/5/2020 at 6:30 PM, kwelch16 said:

I received an email with steps to complete the supplemental application, but the email did not explicitly say anything about an interview offer. However from what I have read only people who have been offered an interview are sent the supplemental application...can anyone familiar with the application process confirm this? Thank you and good luck to all! 

Hi! I am in the same situation. It said to email the program if we do not receive a phone call in two weeks with an application status update. Hopefully that means they will be contacting people who do they supplemental to schedule an interview. But looking at previous threads, it seemed to take more than two weeks. If anyone knows the process from here that would be incredibly helpful?! 

On 7/9/2020 at 7:48 AM, aap423 said:

Just received my under review email and then was unfortunately rejected from the program shortly after, but I was fortunate enough to have been accepted to another program yesterday! Quite the world wind past couple of days. Good luck to everyone this cycle!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got a rejection literally 58 minutes after the under review email. I'm not sure what the metrics are because none of the bullets they cited apply to me. I emailed to ask for feedback for future cycles, kind of bummed it was basically an automatic reject.

Congrats on the acceptance!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, royo95 said:

I got a rejection literally 58 minutes after the under review email. I'm not sure what the metrics are because none of the bullets they cited apply to me. I emailed to ask for feedback for future cycles, kind of bummed it was basically an automatic reject.

Congrats on the acceptance!

That is a bummer, esp when you've met all the requirements. When did they recieve your app because I'm still waiting to hear anything.

5 minutes ago, Nanys2020 said:

I know the requirement is minimum B but do you think is possible that my application be considered if I have 2 C"s? 

Unfortunately I don't think so if the C's are in prerequisite courses. I called  Towson last year to ask a similar question and they basically told me that they are very strict with the B minimum

On 7/15/2020 at 5:35 AM, DMccray said:

That is a bummer, esp when you've met all the requirements. When did they recieve your app because I'm still waiting to hear anything.

Yeah and def passed the B minimum for all prereqs. I asked for feedback and was told they can't discuss it in email or over the phone but not taking walk-ins LOL. I submitted 5/26.

Hey everyone! I submitted my CASPA application on the 8th of July and was verified by July 15th. I've been receiving emails from other programs but haven't heard from Towson yet. About how long did it take after your account was verified to get an email saying that your app has been received?

2 hours ago, kinlocks said:

Hey everyone! I submitted my CASPA application on the 8th of July and was verified by July 15th. I've been receiving emails from other programs but haven't heard from Towson yet. About how long did it take after your account was verified to get an email saying that your app has been received?

In my case, My caspa application was verified by June 24th and I got the received email from Towson on July 2.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jchaconas said:

I received an email about an hour ago saying under review and then rejected 10 minutes later also.  I had straight As in the pre reqs.  

Good luck to everyone!

Wow sorry to hear that! When did you apply and receive the “application received” email?

27 minutes ago, jchaconas said:

I received an email about an hour ago saying under review and then rejected 10 minutes later also.  I had straight As in the pre reqs.  

Good luck to everyone!

Sorry this happened to you as well. Hope things work out for you somewhere else!