2020-2021 Application Cycle!

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, 2020pabound said:

I interviewed 11/4 and haven't heard back. I'm honestly expecting a rejection because my whole interview was very awkward and the questions threw me off. But I guess anything's possible!

Yeah their questions threw me way off too! Hopefully we hear back soon and hope it’s good news!

1 minute ago, armoguy said:

Just received my rejection email a few minutes ago from my interview on 10/30/2020. Found it weird that they said I would not be invited for an interview when I already had one, but oh well. I have accepted a position at another school; best of luck to the new cohort! Copied and pasted what they sent for reference. 

"Thank you for submitting an application for admission to the Towson University-CCBC Essex Physician Assistant program. Admission to this program is highly competitive with the program receiving in excess of 700 verified applications on an annual basis. We regret to inform you that you will not be invited for an interview nor will you be considered further for admission to the program for the current admission cycle. While we recognize that many of our applicants have valuable experience, our admissions structure starts with a review of quantitative criteria.

Below are the most common reasons that students are not invited for interviews:

• Overall CASPA cumulative GPA below 3.0 or on the low end of our minimum requirement (3.0 is our minimum requirement but competitive applicants have GPAs closer to 3.5);
  • Overall CASPA science GPA below 3.0 or on the low end of our minimum requirement;
  • Overall CASPA prerequisite GPA below 3.0 or on the low end of our minimum requirement (the most competitive applicants have all A’s in our prerequisite courses);
  • Missing prerequisite courses or prerequisite courses in-progress when the application is submitted;
  • Quarter-hour courses that are not equivalent to the required semester-hour minimums for the prerequisites;
  • Outdated prerequisite courses (all 6 of the prerequisite courses must have been taken within the previous 10 years);
  • Missing WES evaluation (international students only);
  • Missing references; and
  • Insufficient patient contact hours

Admission requirements for this program are subject to change and updates to these requirements are posted at www.towson.edu/pa by mid-February each year. You may review the Program Information Booklet by following the link on the web site.

If one or more of the above conditions apply to your application, we encourage you to focus on improving in that specific area, and reapply next year. Should you decide to reapply, we strongly suggest that you plan to submit a complete application packet to CASPA as early as possible after the applicant portal opens in late April.  It is best to complete your application packet as early as possible.

Once again, thank you for your interest in the Towson-CCBC PA program and we wish you the best in all your future educational endeavors. 

Sincerely,

CCBC School of Health Professions Admissions Office

Do not reply to this email.  You may email us at SHPseat@ccbcmd.edu."

I just got the same email. Their communication this cycle has been less than stellar. Good luck to everyone still in the running!

14 minutes ago, armoguy said:

Just received my rejection email a few minutes ago from my interview on 10/30/2020. Found it weird that they said I would not be invited for an interview when I already had one, but oh well. I have accepted a position at another school; best of luck to the new cohort! Copied and pasted what they sent for reference. 

"Thank you for submitting an application for admission to the Towson University-CCBC Essex Physician Assistant program. Admission to this program is highly competitive with the program receiving in excess of 700 verified applications on an annual basis. We regret to inform you that you will not be invited for an interview nor will you be considered further for admission to the program for the current admission cycle. While we recognize that many of our applicants have valuable experience, our admissions structure starts with a review of quantitative criteria.

Below are the most common reasons that students are not invited for interviews:

• Overall CASPA cumulative GPA below 3.0 or on the low end of our minimum requirement (3.0 is our minimum requirement but competitive applicants have GPAs closer to 3.5);
  • Overall CASPA science GPA below 3.0 or on the low end of our minimum requirement;
  • Overall CASPA prerequisite GPA below 3.0 or on the low end of our minimum requirement (the most competitive applicants have all A’s in our prerequisite courses);
  • Missing prerequisite courses or prerequisite courses in-progress when the application is submitted;
  • Quarter-hour courses that are not equivalent to the required semester-hour minimums for the prerequisites;
  • Outdated prerequisite courses (all 6 of the prerequisite courses must have been taken within the previous 10 years);
  • Missing WES evaluation (international students only);
  • Missing references; and
  • Insufficient patient contact hours

Admission requirements for this program are subject to change and updates to these requirements are posted at www.towson.edu/pa by mid-February each year. You may review the Program Information Booklet by following the link on the web site.

If one or more of the above conditions apply to your application, we encourage you to focus on improving in that specific area, and reapply next year. Should you decide to reapply, we strongly suggest that you plan to submit a complete application packet to CASPA as early as possible after the applicant portal opens in late April.  It is best to complete your application packet as early as possible.

Once again, thank you for your interest in the Towson-CCBC PA program and we wish you the best in all your future educational endeavors. 

Sincerely,

CCBC School of Health Professions Admissions Office

Do not reply to this email.  You may email us at SHPseat@ccbcmd.edu."

I just got the same email and then a second email saying that they enjoyed meeting me in the interview but won’t be offered a seat. I got accepted to another program too so it’s all good.

This schools application facilitation has been weird since the beginning and in my opinion.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Nmknights said:

I just got the same email and then a second email saying that they enjoyed meeting me in the interview but won’t be offered a seat. I got accepted to another program too so it’s all good.

This schools application facilitation has been weird since the beginning and in my opinion.

Definitely agree. 

• 4 weeks later...
18 hours ago, goPA50 said:

Anyone still waiting to hear back after the interview? havent received an acceptance or rejection

It’s cruel...

I think you can send them a polite letter saying that’s they technically promised to notify everyone in December. 

Edited by sandra18

• 2 months later...