2020-2021 Application Cycle

• 1 month later...

Hi all! I am a first time applicant and wanted to get any feedback that y'all are can offer on my stats and competitiveness, especially if you have already been through the application cycle and have similar stats.

cGPA- 3.79

sGPA-4.00(so far, I'm currently taking genetics and micro and will take gen chem II A&P II in the fall🙃)

GRE- V-157, Q-151 and 4.0

HCE/PCE- ~400hrs(i'm unsure of whether I should count my experiences as PCE or HCE in CASPA. I was a volunteer medical assistant and COVID screener for most of them and took vitals, checked A1C, etc.)

Shadowing- 40hrs

+leadership experience during and after college(President of Psi Chi at Auburn and Volunteer Coordinator at doctor's office for COVID)

Alsoooooo, are there any 2nd time applicants with non-traditional majors? I was a psych major and would love to hear your application experiences. Sorry for blowing up the forum and thanks in advance for your help!

12 hours ago, knb0042 said:

Hi all! I am a first time applicant and wanted to get any feedback that y'all are can offer on my stats and competitiveness, especially if you have already been through the application cycle and have similar stats.

cGPA- 3.79

sGPA-4.00(so far, I'm currently taking genetics and micro and will take gen chem II A&P II in the fall🙃)

GRE- V-157, Q-151 and 4.0

HCE/PCE- ~400hrs(i'm unsure of whether I should count my experiences as PCE or HCE in CASPA. I was a volunteer medical assistant and COVID screener for most of them and took vitals, checked A1C, etc.)

Shadowing- 40hrs

+leadership experience during and after college(President of Psi Chi at Auburn and Volunteer Coordinator at doctor's office for COVID)

Alsoooooo, are there any 2nd time applicants with non-traditional majors? I was a psych major and would love to hear your application experiences. Sorry for blowing up the forum and thanks in advance for your help!

This is my second year applying and I am non-traditional. My degree is in criminology. I did really well in my pre-reqs after getting my degree and received 2 interviews last cycle and put on the waitlist at one school.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ReedRoberts said:

This is my second year applying and I am non-traditional. My degree is in criminology. I did really well in my pre-reqs after getting my degree and received 2 interviews last cycle and put on the waitlist at one school.

First year applying, also an nontraditional student, my degree is in Political Sciences and I spent a year after graduating re-taking and completed prerequisites. Good luck to you, mate. 

• Like 2

When filling out the supplemental app and inputing the courses, how did you guys fill out that section for classes that included a lab? 

For example: I took chem I and it was a 4 credit class, since it included the lab in the course. On UAB application, there is a separate section for the class and then for the lab. I ended up filling out the lab section (chem Lab) exactly the same as I did for the course section (chem I). Does anyone know what's the most appropriate way to fill this out? 

4 hours ago, Tnguyen342 said:

When filling out the supplemental app and inputing the courses, how did you guys fill out that section for classes that included a lab? 

For example: I took chem I and it was a 4 credit class, since it included the lab in the course. On UAB application, there is a separate section for the class and then for the lab. I ended up filling out the lab section (chem Lab) exactly the same as I did for the course section (chem I). Does anyone know what's the most appropriate way to fill this out? 

I e-mailed them about that, and I was told:

"Put total hours in the lecture portion and NA in the lab portion."

18 minutes ago, jordanjfuturepa said:

Did anyone else have trouble navigating the supplemental application? When I get to the 4th page about degrees held, the green arrows on the right hand side on the bottom of the page are gone, so I do not know how to move forward. Can anyone help with this? I feel stupid haha

So I had the exact same issue and all you need to do is zoom out on the page and you'll be able to see the arrows again.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/2/2020 at 11:05 PM, Tnguyen342 said:

After completing the supplemental app, has it been stone cold silent for anyone else? I paid my fee and received a receipt but afterwards haven't had any updates regarding my application. 

Same here! I got the receipt from the supplemental a month or so ago and still have not heard anything.

16 hours ago, morrissl4 said:

Same here! I got the receipt from the supplemental a month or so ago and still have not heard anything.

On 7/2/2020 at 9:05 PM, Tnguyen342 said:

After completing the supplemental app, has it been stone cold silent for anyone else? I paid my fee and received a receipt but afterwards haven't had any updates regarding my application. 

Same with me. I submitted CASPA on June 4 and received an email with the supplemental link and asking for my GRE scores. Since then I've submitted my supplemental fee and application, and I saw that my GRE scores were just sent on June 24 so I was expecting to hear something after that. I replied to the initial email to make sure they got them, we'll see what they say! 

37 minutes ago, CrystalGemPA said:

Just got an email from UAB telling me they received my CASPA, supplemental, and GRE scores and that my application is now officially under review. It also says they will begin extending interviews in October via email.

Ahhhh, it just got real. Good luck you guys!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got that as well! Excitingggg

• Like 2

On 7/20/2020 at 4:43 PM, danielle0 said:

Hi everyone! Does this school do rolling admissions? Were there any additional essays/short answer questions on the supplemental?

No, they don't do rolling admissions.  I haven't seen their supplemental in a few years, but they were simple questions when I applied.

• Like 2

On 7/18/2020 at 8:22 PM, joethepa said:

Hi, just wondering if anyone is applying to UAB as an out of state...I'm interested in UAB because they are surgical-focused, but I check the out of state tuition and had to hide under my blanket for a quick sec...lol

I am out of state! UAB is definitely the highest priced school I'm applying to, but I think it's a really great program that I would be honored to attend. It's a factor i'll have to weigh heavily if I get accepted to UAB as well as another program. 

• Like 1