2020-2021 Application Cycle

10 minutes ago, estew505 said:

Hey! I’m not sure about this cycle, but last cycle they made the initial calls in November and were still calling in January. They wait until all the seats are filled (I.e. until all 70 or so deposits are paid) and then compose the waitlist. It’ll probably be a month- long thing, so don’t lose hope!!

Thank you!

2 minutes ago, JLyst said:

Has UAB completed all of their interviews? I noticed someone's reply said rejections usually go out around January. Just curious if we haven't heard if we should just take this L and expect that letter since January is quickly approaching!

I really wanna say that UAB does all their interviews at once and that unfortunately they aren’t still picking new applicants to interview for this cycle. I’ve gotten rejections from a couple of schools who follow this same kind of routine. I’d email to double check though! 

3 hours ago, SydneyB06 said:

Has a facebook group or any form of communication been started with accepted students? 

The class president for the class above you will start an official facebook page for your class and include all of you once the class is filled. I'm assuming that will happen in the next couple of weeks.

On 12/31/2020 at 1:50 PM, sammy851 said:

Happy NYE! I’m assuming some more spots will open up once the deposit deadline passes. Does anyone know when that is? Or did it already pass? Thnx!

They give you two weeks after your acceptance call to pay your deposit. I also know a couple people who got accepted first round and are choosing to go to other programs so it’s really just a “wait and see” kinda thing.

21 hours ago, gennawithag said:

This may be an obvious question I’m a first time applicant and I’m a little confused about the rounds. Is the first round to 70 people to fill the class and then the second round is to fill the spots that anyone declines etc? Thanks! 

UAB only has 1 round. They send out all invitations at one time, if anyone declines they fill those spots, Once interviews (usually the 1st week of November) take place they fill all of the seats, and again if anyone declines their seat they fill the spot with someone from the waitlist. Once the class is full they send out the waitlist and rejection letters.

On 1/3/2021 at 1:24 PM, MaryFred said:

UAB only has 1 round. They send out all invitations at one time, if anyone declines they fill those spots, Once interviews (usually the 1st week of November) take place they fill all of the seats, and again if anyone declines their seat they fill the spot with someone from the waitlist. Once the class is full they send out the waitlist and rejection letters.

Thank you ! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...