2020-2021 Application Cycle

Just now, knb0042 said:

I interviewed on Thursday. I hope your interview went well! I really enjoyed the interview day and thought they did a good job of adjusting to a zoom format. Did you get an email or anything after your interview? I know they aren't making decisions until December, but I just wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything😅

Hey! Awesome, yeah, Thursday overall went pretty well. I did a little bit of stumbling in my personal interview but I was able to pull myself back together. I feel like I may be overthinking a lot but we will see haha. I didn’t receive anything after! And yes they said they will start making calls 1st week of December. I have to pay my seat deposit for another program I got accepted to that same week so I’m hoping so can hear from UAB first. They are my top pick atm. Good luck!! 

On 11/11/2020 at 8:34 PM, Marias224 said:

Do you know if they are done sending out invites? I haven't heard anything from them. When do they typically send out rejections? Do they give feedback with rejections? 

Not 100% sure if they are done sending out invites or not, but I think they might be done. I believe you have to ask for feedback.

• 3 weeks later...

Just got my call tonight! Couldn’t believe it!! Still checking my call history to make sure I’m not dreaming.

for those who are still standing by and anxious, this was my second cycle applying and interviewing with UAB. I was absolutely devastated when I didn’t get in last year. If this is your dream, stick to it!! You can do this!!!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, meganm2020 said:

do we know when they will be done making calls? Like is there another round or was tonight it

Hey! I’m not sure about this cycle, but last cycle they made the initial calls in November and were still calling in January. They wait until all the seats are filled (I.e. until all 70 or so deposits are paid) and then compose the waitlist. It’ll probably be a month- long thing, so don’t lose hope!!

• Like 1