2020 - 2021 Stony Brook Application Thread

53 minutes ago, MeghanJames said:

Just got a call that I was accepted to South Hampton campus! Interviewed 10/29. I’m so excited!!

Congratulations!!! Did you receive an email asking for campus preference? Interviewed the same day but never received the email. Wondering if that’s a hint not to be too hopeful 🤣

Edited by sc215266

Guest dean227
1 minute ago, Lynnsc said:

Does anyone know how the waitlist process works? I interviewed in September and still haven’t heard anything from the school...

I also interviewed in September and didn’t hear anything back yet

Does anyone have insights to what the chance of getting out-of-state tuition converted to in-state tuition on the second year? The admissions staff quickly mentioned that they would help us with the paperwork but I am curious as to how likely the conversion will go through. This be important when evaluating the right program for me as tuition cost plays a big factor. Thank you.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bryce said:

Does anyone have insights to what the chance of getting out-of-state tuition converted to in-state tuition on the second year? The admissions staff quickly mentioned that they would help us with the paperwork but I am curious as to how likely the conversion will go through. This be important when evaluating the right program for me as tuition cost plays a big factor. Thank you.

I think this a question for the program since noone on this thread has been through the application process for in state residency

7 hours ago, afutpa2022 said:

I think this a question for the program since noone on this thread has been through the application process for in state residency

Let's see if they'll give me a more elaborate response via email. Someone did ask that during the interview and they said "we would try to help you apply for residency status but no guarantee" 

On 11/11/2020 at 3:54 PM, afutpa2022 said:

The ipad initiative is based on a grant that is held by the medical school.  So again you will find this out in the Spring, you honestly just need to try and relax.  Remember we do not know what will happen week to week given the pandemic so expecting exact information now is just not possible.

Can you explain the iPad initiative? They give us iPads? What model? Thank you!!

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, kaydh said:

Can you explain the iPad initiative? They give us iPads? What model? Thank you!!

the ipad is a gift that was given because the medical school was ogenerous enough to include pa students on their grant.  Whether or not this grant will be renewed remains to be seen, and if it is, the amount would determine what model.  You unfortunately need to wait until the spring for your answer, I know it is hard but welcome to pa school !!

On 11/24/2020 at 6:33 PM, afutpa2022 said:

the ipad is a gift that was given because the medical school was ogenerous enough to include pa students on their grant.  Whether or not this grant will be renewed remains to be seen, and if it is, the amount would determine what model.  You unfortunately need to wait until the spring for your answer, I know it is hard but welcome to pa school !!

Thank you for the info!!

Guest dean227
3 minutes ago, emc2016 said:

Anyone else get the email yesterday saying that they are still under consideration and will receive an update by the end of the year?

I did!!