Alternative job titles survey

56 minutes ago, Hope2PA said:

Right now, you better hope Medical Care Practitioner and OTP is accomplished quickly so you can be on level with NP’s in he eyes of administration. The possibility of Collaborative Anything Practitioner/Associate sound sounds like a dependent practitioner that must collaborate with physicians or Nurse Practitioners.  You say Medical Care Practitioner is vague, but plenty clear for patients.

I sure hope that you hope too, Hope2PA. Lol. Remember, we're all here to discuss and promote the PA field and the future of PAs, those of us like myself (and you too, I'm assuming) and other PAs included. Or should I say MCPs or Praxicians? Ha

As an aside regarding the timeliness of all these changes, my significant other and I hope to retire within the next 10 years, hopefully 5 -- well before age sets in or admins banish all paperwork-ridden PAs in favor of NPs. It'll be disappointing to miss the fruits of OTP labor, but financial independence and not being attached to a job for health insurance and retirement is liberating 🙂

If we actually get the title Medical Care Practitioner, I know I will end up saying Medical Practitioner.  SO will our patients.

And to the other issue:  Independence:  There is nothing wrong with independence.  NOTHING.  It's time for the PA profession to be independent.  We are not children.

North Dakota pretty much got independence.  They did.  It's good. 

4 hours ago, Paula said:

If we actually get the title Medical Care Practitioner, I know I will end up saying Medical Practitioner.  SO will our patients.

And to the other issue:  Independence:  There is nothing wrong with independence.  NOTHING.  It's time for the PA profession to be independent.  We are not children.

North Dakota pretty much got independence.  They did.  It's good. 

I’m moving to Fargo... 

I’ll be freezing, but I’ll be freeeezing in practice also.

Edited by deltawave

5 hours ago, deltawave said:

I’m moving to Fargo... 

I’ll be freezing, but I’ll be freeeezing in practice also.

My first undergrad degree was from North Dakota State University in Fargo.  It's not a bad place to live out on the prairie with the winds whipping across the Red River in winter. 

20 hours ago, Paula said:

Exactly, we don't have worry about it being too long. It is also easy to introduce with a specialty in front of it too...Emergency Medical Practitioner, Family Medical Practitioner, Orthopedic Medical Practitioner etc..  That title represent us better to the public, C-suite and lawmakers better than the assistant. It is harder to get into the C-suite when you are called assistant, perception is not everything but it certainly helps.

Edited by PACali
  • Upvote 1