Faulkner Universty [new develop] 2019-2020

Congrats to you all, wish yall the best, be patient with waiting on the accreditation, I had to do the same for another school. I haven't gotten a reply back from the school after the top 75, so I am assuming a rejection. I'm still going to be a PA, best of luck to you all

Edited by Mocarr78
  • Upvote 2

I worked way too hard this cycle to not try and apply to other schools just in case, so I am going to re-apply. I am signed up to take the at home GRE June 13th because last time I took it was 6 years ago. @Mocarr78 they mentioned if you did not hear anything back, you are put on the waitlist.... they will not be rejecting anyone, so that's good news! That's awesome that you have been accepted, isnt the greatest feeling?!

On 5/15/2020 at 2:35 PM, Reesumm said:

I worked way too hard this cycle to not try and apply to other schools just in case, so I am going to re-apply. I am signed up to take the at home GRE June 13th because last time I took it was 6 years ago. @Mocarr78 they mentioned if you did not hear anything back, you are put on the waitlist.... they will not be rejecting anyone, so that's good news! That's awesome that you have been accepted, isnt the greatest feeling?!

It's unreal still,  keep working your right time will happen !

Edited by Mocarr78

You guys! I want to meet you all and get a better feel of the program... I was just informed I was called off the waitlist at another program that i've had two previous interviews at, so I know what I'd be getting myself into.... But, for some unexplainable reason I am really drawn to Faulkner w/o ever having been on campus or getting to know faculty.... and Im torn!!! I just get a better "sense" of community from Faulkner. Are you guys curious about clinical rotations?? Do we know how many faculty are on staff? Will there be a Capstone research project? So many Q's!!

Edited by Reesumm
  • Upvote 1

Guest mands
6 hours ago, Reesumm said:

You guys! I want to meet you all and get a better feel of the program... I was just informed I was called off the waitlist at another program that i've had two previous interviews at, so I know what I'd be getting myself into.... But, for some unexplainable reason I am really drawn to Faulkner w/o ever having been on campus or getting to know faculty.... and Im torn!!! I just get a better "sense" of community from Faulkner. Are you guys curious about clinical rotations?? Do we know how many faculty are on staff? Will there be a Capstone research project? So many Q's!!

If I were you, I’d pick the other program especially if they already have accreditation. You really don’t want to squander you seat from a program that already is credentialed and you don’t have to be concerned about the quality of education/your future preparation to take the PANCE (based on the fact that Faulkner is newly established). I agree with you, the people active on the forum are a lively bunch, however remember that More likely than not half of us won’t be going here so it’s not really going to have the same vibe. I’m SOO happy for you regardless! Since the start you and I have been pulling teeth for answers so you SO deserve a place. :) however, like I said, you’ll find a PA-S family no matter what cohort since we’re all like minded people!  If you really feel waiting the risk for Faulkner is worth it based on your intuition, I’d do it! However, you gotta think of accreditation which is the most important thing with even being able to take the test to get practicing autonomy! 

how long do you have to commit to your seat at both programs? That should help too!! 

9 hours ago, Reesumm said:

@mands I have to decide by May 27th. I am going to go ahead and put down the deposit for other school and see more of what Faulkner has to offer by way of communication. Thank you for the advice!!! It means a lot

I read that you are in Nashville in one of your earlier posts. I’m in Nashville as well. I too believe that Faulkner will be able to start a great program. And it’s definitely hard when you are torn between the two choices you have. But I agree with @mands you do have the option to go with a school that has official accreditation. Keep in touch here and with Faulkner. July is right around the corner. Where is this other school located? How do you feel about their program? 

Edited by Tev2009
Gram

@Tev2009 Ill be transparent, doesn't bother me.... It's South College in Nashville that I received a spot for. I do like their program... their website is very thorough with expectations, curriculum outlook, and what they stand for. It is a very veteran-affiliated school... professors are ex-military and they have a huge incentive for prospective students with GI bill to get into their program. I am not military affiliated, which is one downside for me only because I may feel out of place the whole time. I would not have to break my lease and I can throw a rock and hit the school from my back porch. But, South is also more expensive and rotations can be upto 50-75 miles outside Nashville.  

8 hours ago, Reesumm said:

@Tev2009 Ill be transparent, doesn't bother me.... It's South College in Nashville that I received a spot for. I do like their program... their website is very thorough with expectations, curriculum outlook, and what they stand for. It is a very veteran-affiliated school... professors are ex-military and they have a huge incentive for prospective students with GI bill to get into their program. I am not military affiliated, which is one downside for me only because I may feel out of place the whole time. I would not have to break my lease and I can throw a rock and hit the school from my back porch. But, South is also more expensive and rotations can be upto 50-75 miles outside Nashville.  

Looks like you have a good option to pick from. It will be nice to not have to move and readjust. I have a friend who started their last enrollment period and she’s not a veteran. So you may not feel too out of place. Have you given up your seat at Faulkner or accept the spot at South? What’s the tuition difference? I think either way ultimately you will get to live the PA student dream lol and become a PA at the end either way you choose! 

• Like 1

@Tev2009 $32,000 difference, roughly... Faulkner being the cheapest. I haven't given up any spot, yet, and will have to solidify my spot at South to ensure I have a seat in a program before July accreditation happens for Faulkner. July is the golden month... it will allow me to move things along so I can hopefully open up a spot for someone for either school!!!

45 minutes ago, Reesumm said:

@Tev2009 $32,000 difference, roughly... Faulkner being the cheapest. I haven't given up any spot, yet, and will have to solidify my spot at South to ensure I have a seat in a program before July accreditation happens for Faulkner. July is the golden month... it will allow me to move things along so I can hopefully open up a spot for someone for either school!!!

Wait 32k difference oh wow that’s a huge difference. How much is South College tuition? Well it’s good you will be able to wait until July to decide permanently which school you want to attend. I’m happy to hear you have that time 🙂  we are meeting with cohort and staff Maybe we will be in the same group and meet on zoom! 

• 2 weeks later...