Faulkner Universty [new develop] 2019-2020

On 11/11/2019 at 9:11 PM, kshamblin said:

Hi, I am applying to this program also. How much do you know about this program? I have called and asked about dates and they said that interviews would be sent out mid March but they are waiting later due to the accreditation process.

Hi 

I just called and asked about clincial rotation sites. They're still working on getting the sites.  if they don't have those it will for sure delay accreditation.  they also have 500 applicants right now. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I reached out to this program to see if I could use an upper level bio rather than a gen bio II and the director was agreeable. In addition he was excited about me being a veteran and eluded to the fact that they reserve a seat in their class for veterans. I wont be applying to this program though so good luck to everyone who does.

On 2/14/2020 at 2:21 PM, Mocarr78 said:

so I spoke to the school.  they're accepting 35 spots. they will know about their accrediation in June. they will start reviewing apps next month. 

it seems like it keeps getting pushed back. I spoke with them in January an they said Feb 2nd they would be opened. I am curious as to how many interviews will be conducted for the 35 seats. I also am curious as to how many applicants have already been accepted else where.  

2 hours ago, eburkhalter205 said:

it seems like it keeps getting pushed back. I spoke with them in January an they said Feb 2nd they would be opened. I am curious as to how many interviews will be conducted for the 35 seats. I also am curious as to how many applicants have already been accepted else where.  

They stated that they understand by the time they will have interviews a lot of students will be already accepted somewhere. It was also stated that they have a hundred and fifty supplemental application it doesn't surprise me if they interview all of them because it's so late and people are even accepted somewhere else

I think it's better for it to be pushed back because of the accreditation if you get accepted now, then you have to pay for your seat without knowing accreditation then you have to hustle up that money without knowing the status. and it's an advantage. if majority already been accepted somewhere else before interviews it's a better chance  for those who haven't

Edited by Mocarr78
  • Like 1

I completely agree! I know it defiantly works better in my favor, especially if they do a holistic review. My package is weak in accumulative GPA and GRE, but as far as shadowing hours, last 60 GPA, and experience I am golden. I am hoping this delay pays off in some of our benefit.  I am just worried that I will start applying in the new cycle and may get picked up late. Honestly my wife and I will just be happy with getting accepted some where, even more excited with a Christian based school. I do wish they offered a co-master's in public health. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

23 hours ago, Reesumm said:

Recently applied as well. Do you all know if it is rolling admission or if they view all applications starting on a specific date?

talking with the department they are hopefully opening up applications in mid-March or April for review. They said they are attempting to treat it like some of their other master's programs like speech pathology. Their key message was just bare with them, it is a new program and they are trying to work out the kinks and make the process stream line once it starts. I have not heard anything on veteran's preference, but I know that is a huge thing with other Alabama public schools. I am not sure how that applies to private programs. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, eburkhalter205 said:

talking with the department they are hopefully opening up applications in mid-March or April for review. They said they are attempting to treat it like some of their other master's programs like speech pathology. Their key message was just bare with them, it is a new program and they are trying to work out the kinks and make the process stream line once it starts. I have not heard anything on veteran's preference, but I know that is a huge thing with other Alabama public schools. I am not sure how that applies to private programs. 

Yeah they said the same thing to me. I think it's a better chance to get in since they won't know about status till June 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mands

Still nothing. I'm tempted to send an email, as the staff there are REALLY helpful! I sent an email a while back and they said that they would look at apps that week (given this must have been like 4 months ago), but of course I haven't heard anything yet so i'm coming here to see what's up. 

Guest mands

Here’s the response I got! maybe it’s not the one I wanted, but the admissions was still really gracious. 
As for your other question, my understanding is that the admissions committee will not be conducting interviews for the inaugural year, but we will begin them next year and the years after. With that being said, they will still be the ones to reach out about your application after it is sent off for them to review!