Faulkner Universty [new develop] 2019-2020

5 minutes ago, Rgmomin said:

Based off of the newest video, are they not going to be conducting interviews and just going to offer spots to the top 35?? 

I spoke with Josh today. He was very understanding and sweet for clarifying the questions we are having. The way he said this will work is they’ll just offer a conditional acceptance to the top 35, put others on the waitlist, or send out rejections. Conditional acceptance is because of pending accreditation. So in about the next 3-4 weeks we will get a clearer picture of our status in this cycle. Other than that, acceptances will be over phone or email. Waitlist and rejections are tbd on the route that applicants would find that out as. So they won’t be holding any interviews then. It’ll just be a straight up decision. I hope this helps clarify the process a little bit for everyone! 

Guest mands

I basically Sent a really firm email to the director in regards to how they’re conducting this cycle. I told him about how ranking isnt logical because of how the people they want from the top ranks probably already committed to a school/would have offers from actually accredited schools, etc. Basically, he sent an email back saying that because of one pre req class (I got a C in) my application was put in the second tier of whatever They’re doing, so I will not be considered! I’m honestly salty at this because I partially feel sometime in July when everyone rejects their offer, I’ll probably get a “hey we kinda want you” email. However, knowing that they’re not even considering me at this time, I’m not gonna bother to wait anymore! I’m happy to resubmit my caspa now since I have only one other waitlist! Good luck to everyone! Based on the tone of the email and realizing how hard I had to chase the program to get some vague answer (except from josh, he’s bae, has nothing to do with the program, and literally the good in all this), I’m kind of hesitant to reapply 😞  Regardless, I wish you all the best and will continue to follow their social media to see how good the new class looks in their white coats 😍

Guest mands
34 minutes ago, Set83 said:

So you're not even on the waitlist then? Or what does "second tier" mean? 

Nope, by what I got from the email 😞 and it’s like, I didn’t make the cut for the 75 they’re cutting down. So if I got this right, they used stats to rank people by GPA. So the top 75 get a holistic look at their app. Then from the 75, they pick 30-whatever people ! 
so, I didn’t make the 75.. 😞 🙂 

3 minutes ago, mands said:

Nope, by what I got from the email 😞 and it’s like, I didn’t make the cut for the 75 they’re cutting down. So if I got this right, they used stats to rank people by GPA. So the top 75 get a holistic look at their app. Then from the 75, they pick 30-whatever people ! 
so, I didn’t make the 75.. 😞 🙂 

Yeah I am kinda bumbed out about it. At least he responded to you, I sent an email a while back and did not even get a reply. I was told that they were switching to a last 60 GPA and if that was the case I would have been golden. I am setting my sites on more veteran friendly schools like South Alabama. It is a bit irritating that all of these schools push for "diversity" and then they first first cut is GPA and GRE. I get that they have standards and metrics, but they should also look at the whole picture. Not to sound arrogant but at 30 years old I have done a lot more than the cookie cutter college graduate. I have taken multiple courses while on deployments, having a family, and still excelling as a flight medic and instructor. Oh well in time I will find a school to take me. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Guest mands
13 minutes ago, eburkhalter205 said:

Yeah I am kinda bumbed out about it. At least he responded to you, I sent an email a while back and did not even get a reply. I was told that they were switching to a last 60 GPA and if that was the case I would have been golden. I am setting my sites on more veteran friendly schools like South Alabama. It is a bit irritating that all of these schools push for "diversity" and then they first first cut is GPA and GRE. I get that they have standards and metrics, but they should also look at the whole picture. Not to sound arrogant but at 30 years old I have done a lot more than the cookie cutter college graduate. I have taken multiple courses while on deployments, having a family, and still excelling as a flight medic and instructor. Oh well in time I will find a school to take me. 

I agree! My complaint, as I’ve mentioned a million times is, they are literally releasing initial** decisions weeks after the next cycle opens. If they think they will be pulling a 4.0 GPA, 3000 health care hour applicant, they really need to take a step back and look at their accreditation status (on top of the fact that their process has been the most unprofessional mess). The applicant they crave for, already committed to a school. I bet, the top 75 will 80% not take the seat in the next because they’re already committed to a school Based on GPA. They’re gonna spend the summer trying to sift through applicants to fill seats that aren’t in the initial 75. Mark my words. I def am saying all this because I feel salty for being basically rejected, but I should not have waited this long and pulled this many teeth for an indirect “no”. I have a waitlist so I gotta chill 😂 

I agree, I volunteered in spiritual care (offering prayer at bedside) at a hospital which is directly in line with their religion in medicine mission. Apparently that doesn’t mean much. I also worked in the police force for many years, nursing assistant, scribe, but none of that means much bc I have ONE bad grade 😂😂

1 hour ago, DDMAC said:

What did the email say ?

You are ranked in our top 75 based on your academic achievement of our admissions requirements. The top 75 applicants are further reviewed by our admissions committee. Our admissions committee is in the process of scoring your Letters of Recommendation and Personal Statement to further narrow down our list to the top 35. The top 35 applicants will receive a call from the Program Director with further instructions. After the top 35 are called we will send emails out to the waitlisted applicants. If you have received an admission offer from another institution that you plan on accepting please let us know immediately. As a courtesy, we would like to give our new students as much time as possible to make arrangements to attend in the fall. Thank you for considering Faulkner University. We strive to continue to be as transparent as possible with our admissions process. Please follow us on Facebook (Faulkner University Physician Assistant Program) for real time updates and news in the PA profession. You can always email us with your questions and concerns.

• Upvote 1

I got an email a few weeks back saying that my application was sent off to the review committee. I spoke with Josh this past week, and sounds like they will let us know our admission status within the next 2 weeks. However, I did not receive that email talking about the “top 75,” so I am a little confused. Is anyone else in the same boat? 

6 minutes ago, Katelyneh said:

@M25MMM Yes, I too am in the same boat! I wonder if they have sent all of the emails out to the top 75? If so, I am happy for everyone, but am still keeping faith! 🙏🏼

I am not sure what this email mentioned above is all about, but, from what I understand, we are in the top 75, otherwise our applications would not have been sent off to the review committee. Unless, of course, they changed their minds, which is highly unlikely in my opinion. 

5 minutes ago, Katelyneh said:

@M25MMM Yes, I too am in the same boat! I wonder if they have sent all of the emails out to the top 75? If so, I am happy for everyone, but am still keeping faith! 🙏🏼

Yes, I’m in the same exact boat as well,so I’m a little confused about that . Maybe I was in the top 100 but not the top 75 .🤷🏽‍♂️

2 hours ago, M25MMM said:

I got an email a few weeks back saying that my application was sent off to the review committee. I spoke with Josh this past week, and sounds like they will let us know our admission status within the next 2 weeks. However, I did not receive that email talking about the “top 75,” so I am a little confused. Is anyone else in the same boat? 

They are narrowing down the applicants they sent 1st email to I believe,  maybe in order,  Idk but it's the email I got

@Mocarr78 Right! I watched that video last week when they posted it.  I thought they meant that they only sent the top 75 people's applications to the review committee, so I thought if we got the email about our application being under review then we were in the top 75.  However, I could be wrong.  There is a lack of communication on Faulkner's end for sure, but I understand since this is their first admissions cycle, and it is going on during a pandemic. I will email Josh for further clarification!

• Upvote 1

He said this: "If your file was sent off to the admissions committee, this means they have requested your file specifically so you would have been in their top 75."  Meaning that because we received emails a while back that our files were under review, we are in the top 75 that they have requested. So we should know something within the next two weeks hopefully. Hope this clears everything up!

• Upvote 1