Faulkner Universty [new develop] 2019-2020

Guest mands
50 minutes ago, Reesumm said:

@mands Oh my! so all of our hard work to apply to the school, is frivolous? That's really unfortunate to hear. 

Let me try and email them again because I feel like they should have made an official statement about this. Like, they can’t just drop all of our apps, supplemental, and fees without officially saying anything ya know? 

Guest mands

I just sent another email out today to some of the admin staff of the program! It would be really unfortunate to scrap the supplemental application, fee, and application. I bet this school is going to have an amazing program, and i'm determined to figure out if I can have a place in it 🙂

@mands EXACTLY my thought process. Weird they have not officially addressed it. Are you waiting until the deadline?? Whats the point if you are guys already know you are postponing. lol thanks for being on top of it, though! I was looking forward to this program, too! Also, did you say they are going to consider our stuff for next cycle or that we'd have to reapply in literally a month from now? 

Guest mands
17 minutes ago, Reesumm said:

@mands EXACTLY my thought process. Weird they have not officially addressed it. Are you waiting until the deadline?? Whats the point if you are guys already know you are postponing. lol thanks for being on top of it, though! I was looking forward to this program, too! Also, did you say they are going to consider our stuff for next cycle or that we'd have to reapply in literally a month from now? 

This is the exact email I sent last night to 2 different people! Like, what are our options? What happens to the fee when nothing is done with the application? I understand about the accreditation, but there must have been protocols put in place knowing there was a potential for this to happen to a HUGE pool of applicants. Here’s one response I got like 20 minutes ago 

“If you are concerned about the interview process, my understanding is that it is simply a matter of accreditation. Since the ARC-PA does not meet until June to grant accreditation to new programs, the admissions committee is not allowed to conduct any "official" interviews in the meantime. However, I am sure they will be glad to speak with you in some form or another. If you are reaching out to them as you mentioned, they should be able to provide a better explanation from their viewpoint. I hope this helps alleviate your concerns!” 

they’ve been REALLY transparent when you ask which is good and makes me happy with the program, BUT I think that they need to step forward and say something more directly without having me to pry.... as I’m sure they’re only getting more applicants by the day. Also, it would only be fair for us to get a fee refund for no action being taken this year for something on their part, as we already lost time on the supplemental if they truly aren’t taking more applicants! 

I am a bit confused. Are they postponing the inaugural class for the entire year, or is it that they are just not going to interview people until they receive accreditation? I do not think they would do something terrible like continuing to accept people's money and applications if they were not planning to matriculate a class some time this year. I know it is a private institution and all but I think they may be trying to work something out. I have not been able to get anyone on the phone. 

Guest mands
10 minutes ago, eburkhalter205 said:

I am a bit confused. Are they postponing the inaugural class for the entire year, or is it that they are just not going to interview people until they receive accreditation? I do not think they would do something terrible like continuing to accept people's money and applications if they were not planning to matriculate a class some time this year. I know it is a private institution and all but I think they may be trying to work something out. I have not been able to get anyone on the phone. 

That’s what I’m trying to get to the bottom of. One one of the two people I emailed got back to me. If I’m understanding correctly, the two scenarios are 

1- they interview people and if they don’t get accreditation then those people who got in don’t get a program. 
2- they don’t interview at all and wait until next year. 

i hear you, I’m confused too. However, I think more of us should be asking questions because I think that at some point we should have already been starting to get answers, ya feel? 

So I just talked to Josh in the graduate admissions department. He stated that they are still on track for everything. They still plan to review applications once the 31MAR2020 deadline hits, and they are still planning to matriculate an inaugural class this year, pending accreditation. The selection committee will meet some time in the next two weeks. 

Guest mands
38 minutes ago, eburkhalter205 said:

So I just talked to Josh in the graduate admissions department. He stated that they are still on track for everything. They still plan to review applications once the 31MAR2020 deadline hits, and they are still planning to matriculate an inaugural class this year, pending accreditation. The selection committee will meet some time in the next two weeks. 

I emailed josh too and those were his responses! This is what the director said 

Due to campus constraints from COVID-19, we will not be interviewing. Once the application cycle closes, we will review and rank all verified and qualified applicants and contact the top 35 to offer potential seats. We will continue to contact prospective students until all positions are accounted for and will place an additional 15 students on a "waiting list". Since we will not receive an accreditation decision until after the June Commission meeting, we cannot actually accept students until, and only if, we are approved.

Guest mands
23 hours ago, Mocarr78 said:

I know for a fact 2 other new schools accepted students before knowing about their accreditation. They were reviewed this month and won't know status until April. They interviewed students in January and February before shut downs.

I can't really decide if not being able to get a chance at interviewing for this school will work in my favor or against. Regardless, it's just a longer waiting game and I hope we know soon, at least before the next cycle opens up!!!! 

On 4/1/2020 at 12:43 PM, Reesumm said:

@mands I hear you, I feel like it will definitely work against me! haha But, I am banking on many people already accepting other schools to be in my favor! 

same! btw - has anyone gone to the information sessions that were held on-campus? Just curious what you guys thought about the program! From online research and speaking with the staff, it seems like it is going to be an amazing PA school! 

On 3/26/2020 at 9:35 AM, mands said:

Here’s the response I got! maybe it’s not the one I wanted, but the admissions was still really gracious. 
As for your other question, my understanding is that the admissions committee will not be conducting interviews for the inaugural year, but we will begin them next year and the years after. With that being said, they will still be the ones to reach out about your application after it is sent off for them to review! 

So are they just selecting applicants out of good faith and without interviews for the inaugural class this year? Or, will there be no inaugural class this cycle?

** sorry, Im new to this forum. I think my question was answered in the above responses. Thank you for all of your information. I hope everyone is staying safe.

Edited by DDMAC

Guest mands
14 hours ago, DDMAC said:

So are they just selecting applicants out of good faith and without interviews for the inaugural class this year? Or, will there be no inaugural class this cycle?

** sorry, Im new to this forum. I think my question was answered in the above responses. Thank you for all of your information. I hope everyone is staying safe.

To my understanding, they will be selecting the new class after the deadline (which was the 1st). I think someone posted that it would be done around 2 weeks after this deadline. This will be done based purely on paper applications. So, they will rank and pick the top 30 of us based on grades, and then put the next 15 on a waitlist. Then, will try to fill in the class based on how many pull out and if the waitlist is all used up, then will keep going down the list. 

I don't know if they'll be considering the supplemental intro essay they had us do and our community service, but I assume when they say "rank" it means by grades/GPA. 

Then, we will be held in the database or whatever, and upon getting approval from the board in June, is only when they will officially extend the offer to us to be students! If there's no approval, then there's no class next year! 

However, of course i'm not entirely sure about any of what I said, just how I interpreted all the emails.... 

Guest mands
On 4/7/2020 at 10:35 AM, Mocarr78 said:

Man that sucks , was really trying to stay down south for school and stay closer to home.  Seem that they're unorganized. Good luck to everyone. I hope it works out for you all. Got accepted some where else and another interview at another.  

I agree with you. With the next cycle about to open up, it's really hard for me to decide if I want to hold out for this and my waitlist or apply for the next cycle. I think at the very least, to make up for how unorganized this process is, they should tell us who they would consider before the next application process opens up! 

Let's all keep each other posted on the responses we get, though. I have a feeling by next week they should say something (as it'll be 2 weeks from the end of the cycle), and if not we should make a group chat or something to have someone contact them. At the very least, so we can get our money back, if they're really going to be holding us out until the last minute and so we can use that money to apply to another program! 

53 minutes ago, mands said:

I agree with you. With the next cycle about to open up, it's really hard for me to decide if I want to hold out for this and my waitlist or apply for the next cycle. I think at the very least, to make up for how unorganized this process is, they should tell us who they would consider before the next application process opens up! 

Let's all keep each other posted on the responses we get, though. I have a feeling by next week they should say something (as it'll be 2 weeks from the end of the cycle), and if not we should make a group chat or something to have someone contact them. At the very least, so we can get our money back, if they're really going to be holding us out until the last minute and so we can use that money to apply to another program! 

yeah before my acceptance I was already preping in February for next cycle.  but u won't get your money back. I believe there'sa waiver that states that in supplemental essay section. I think you should start preping.  I know someone who applied for a cycle after waiting in schools. she ended up getting a lot acceptance after submitting for next cycle.  I have schools who start interviewing in June July, that I wasn't going to actually submit next cycle until I Heard from all schools. And I would only apply to non rolling schools. I'm August 

Guest mands
1 minute ago, Mocarr78 said:

yeah before my acceptance I was already preping in February for next cycle.  but u won't get your money back. I believe there'sa waiver that states that in supplemental essay section. I think you should start preping.  I know someone who applied for a cycle after waiting in schools. she ended up getting a lot acceptance after submitting for next cycle.  I have schools who start interviewing in June July, that I wasn't going to actually submit next cycle until I Heard from all schools. And I would only apply to non rolling schools. I'm August 

BEFORE I READ THIS, they posted a update video on their facebook page, let's go watch it!!!

Guest mands
15 minutes ago, mands said:

BEFORE I READ THIS, they posted a update video on their facebook page, let's go watch it!!!

Ok I posted a comment, I couldn't hold myself myself back because I want answers haha : ) 

Guest mands
1 hour ago, eburkhalter205 said:

Alright, has anyone been contacted yet? 

I haven’t :( I’m getting antsy since I wanna know if I need to reapply or not. If they let me know soon I can try to go visit the campus to see if the area is safe 

Guest mands
2 hours ago, eburkhalter205 said:

Alright, has anyone been contacted yet? 

Oh, also according to the video they posted on Facebook, they started reviewing applications so I feel like we’re getting closer to answers