Faulkner Universty [new develop] 2019-2020

Guest mands
16 minutes ago, trojan1719 said:

I just got an email from the graduate admissions office saying my application is complete and it is being sent to the admission committee for review tomorrow. ( I submitted my application in January) 

Did you send them an email to get this or is it like a generic one? I got one from Toni with like a checklist when i applied back in September! 

9 hours ago, trojan1719 said:

I just got an email from the graduate admissions office saying my application is complete and it is being sent to the admission committee for review tomorrow. ( I submitted my application in January) 

I just got the same email .I was super anxious to open the email when I saw it was from Faulkner University . I’m wondering when will a decision be made ?

Edited by DDMAC

5 hours ago, trojan1719 said:

I submitted my CASPA in December and supplemental January, wondering if they're going in order and if so why I haven't received this email several people got 😕

• Like 1

Guest mands
39 minutes ago, royo95 said:

I submitted my CASPA in December and supplemental January, wondering if they're going in order and if so why I haven't received this email several people got 😕

I literally submitted my app in september and did not get an email : (( I got an email from Toni which was a huge checklist of stuff and a referral to Josh, which I think we all got. 

3 hours ago, royo95 said:

I submitted in early January and completed my supplemental all in the same time frame. I wonder if it’s just the computer generated or something random. I’m doing my best to stay positive 😫😫😫

8 hours ago, eburkhalter205 said:

I submitted in early January and completed my supplemental all in the same time frame. I wonder if it’s just the computer generated or something random. I’m doing my best to stay positive 😫😫😫

Same here. I'm hoping we get something today. Don't want to bombard Josh's email again, but it's just weird that people who submitted before and after I did have received it? I don't think I'm missing anything and have been updating them with new classes as I go

Guest mands
3 hours ago, royo95 said:

Same here. I'm hoping we get something today. Don't want to bombard Josh's email again, but it's just weird that people who submitted before and after I did have received it? I don't think I'm missing anything and have been updating them with new classes as I go

Here’s the email I got today from josh, our fave, 🤩 

“...

Thank you for reaching out! ....(Information about stuff  from my file- irrelevant so took out) .... We got the green light from the admissions committee yesterday and we began sending files off for review so I suspect you should hear back relatively soon!“

8 minutes ago, mands said:

“...

Thank you for reaching out! ....(Information about stuff  from my file- irrelevant so took out) .... We got the green light from the admissions committee yesterday and we began sending files off for review so I suspect you should hear back relatively soon!“

If I end up going here I'm baking Josh a cake or something 😂 Fingers crossed! Good luck everyone 😄

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, mands said:

“...

anything yet?? I'm wondering if its alphabetical? I'd be last in the Y lol

Guest mands
8 minutes ago, royo95 said:

anything yet?? I'm wondering if its alphabetical? I'd be last in the Y lol

My last name is J so that puts me at a middle position. And I haven’t heard from them yet! 

So talking with Josh today they are using some metrics from Caspa. The admissions board is requesting specific names. They are on their fourth or fifth batch, not a 100% how many are in each or anything of that nature. There will only be 35 seats for this first cycle. If you got the email saying you were processed it’s a good sign, if your like me and have not seen that email yet it’s kinda limbo land. Oh well fingers still crossed. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Guest mands
On 4/20/2020 at 10:20 PM, eburkhalter205 said:

So talking with Josh today they are using some metrics from Caspa. The admissions board is requesting specific names. They are on their fourth or fifth batch, not a 100% how many are in each or anything of that nature. There will only be 35 seats for this first cycle. If you got the email saying you were processed it’s a good sign, if your like me and have not seen that email yet it’s kinda limbo land. Oh well fingers still crossed. 

What do you mean by requesting specific names? Like, somehow they prioritized people who came to info sessions or something/have connections with the school? great info, def worries me though because I still have yet to hear anything! 

1 hour ago, mands said:

What do you mean by requesting specific names? Like, somehow they prioritized people who came to info sessions or something/have connections with the school? great info, def worries me though because I still have yet to hear anything! 

to my understanding not like that. The metrics come from CASPA. They can use CASPA to say we want to see who all the applicants are with a 3.5 and higher GPA who have taken xyz classes, or any variation. CASPA gives them a sweet program to see precise metrics they are looking for. Do not worry I haven't seen my process yet, I am still hopeful. 

Guest mands
31 minutes ago, royo95 said:

Honestly with CASPA opening in a week, I have no intention on waiting on them any longer. It's really frustrating that we got like one update through this entire thing and have otherwise had to basically pull the info from Josh or each other. I'm not sure if this is typical for any other schools but it's just giving me the wrong vibe after paying an additional supplemental and score reports of the GRE and updated transcripts I was hoping there'd be any type of feedback 

You’re right. I think my frustration stems from how wrong they are approaching the admission process. Like, go ahead and rank us by GPA/healthcare hours. however let’s be real, the top “4.0 GPA” students with “5,000 pt care” Students that they are dreaming of probably already have had other offers they committed to at this point in the game. Like, they really shouldn’t have waited this long because they’re going to get a bunch of “oh sorry can’t attend” from applicants and will wind up spending more time pulling teeth for a commitment from someone at the middle level/lower level of their applicants (which apparently is someone like me because I still haven’t been verified) 😞 sad 

however, I still really love this school. I really understand everyone’s feelings and can really feel the pain 

Guest mands
5 hours ago, Set83 said:

From the past posts, do you all mean that if you apply to the new CASPA cycle you're automatically giving up your chance to be in the programs you have yet to hear back from for this current cycle? Where does it say that? 

Oh god, this can’t be true right? I’m still on waitlists so I’m forfeiting that!? I may send a email to the director today asking about when we will hear ! At this point, I have nothing to lose bc they haven’t verified me ! 

Guest mands

Sent Dr. Jordan a whole novel! I’ll let you all know what he said soon. However on their Facebook, the video from Friday says that they will release decisions within 2-3 weeks. So, we know it’ll be well into the next cycle before we know if it’s a yes, no, waitlist.