2019-20 Application Cycle

7 minutes ago, Kdean said:

Would you guys mind sharing your stats??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3.5 cGPA, 3.56 sGPA, 309 on GRE, ~3000 PCE as a nursing assistant, 40 hours of PA shadowing, ~50 volunteer hours, ~4000 leadership hours. I’m also from Charleston, so that might play a role in it for me! 

• Like 1

Hey all - got the email yesterday! Does anyone have any idea the structure of their interviews? I couldn't find anything from the forum last year, and there wasn't an itinerary in the confirmation email. 

Also, stats for the person who asked earlier: 

cGPA: 3.86

sGPA: 3.89

GRE: 315

PCE: 700 as ER scribe, ~200 as EMT dispersed among volunteer rescue, medical mission trip and patient transport

HCE: ~6000 as a veterinary technician

Volunteer: 40 hours

no shadowing

Edited by eliss691
add stats

I also received an interview! Does anyone know if once you've attended the program for a year if you are eligible for instate tuition? Or if you are out of state does it stay the same the entire time?

I also looked into this as i am from Florida. But to answer your question; no, you would have to go through the whole process of establishing residency in SC which has to be done before you start school at MUSC. But the difference in out of state to in-state is not too crazy a leap.

Hey all - got the email yesterday! Does anyone have any idea the structure of their interviews? I couldn't find anything from the forum last year, and there wasn't an itinerary in the confirmation email. 

Also, stats for the person who asked earlier: 
cGPA: 3.86
sGPA: 3.89
GRE: 315
PCE: 700 as ER scribe, ~200 as EMT dispersed among volunteer rescue, medical mission trip and patient transport
HCE: ~6000 as a veterinary technician
Volunteer: 40 hours
no shadowing

Email me: Sirigamp@musc.edu

3 hours ago, crcrown said:

Anyone know if they have more interviews to send out? I know they sent out all interviews on one day last year but it seems like there was a much greater response on here then.

From what I can see, it looks like the first three interview days are full or almost full but the last day has quite a few open slots. It did say that we had until the 7th I believe to select a time slot or our spot would be offered to someone else. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, baillie898 said:

Has anyone received anything saying they did not get an interview? Were *redirection* (trying not to say rejection) emails/letters sent out last year?

I have not received anything. I was waitlisted for an interview last year and made a lot of improvements for this cycle so was really hoping for an interview this time.

On 10/8/2019 at 11:32 PM, Allyhopp said:

Hi all- received my invitation to interview on Oct 2 and selected a Nov 5th interview at 11:30am! Anyone else interviewing then or heard about the style of interview?

I'm interviewing that day and time as well! So excited to meet you and learn about the program.