2019-20 Application Cycle

8 minutes ago, patriciayvette said:

Yes submitted the supplemental July 1st and got a call and email today!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow that is so amazing, congrats! Do you mind sharing your stats? I just submitted today 🙂 I am worried because I am not a SC resident. On the website it says interviews are in November so I wonder why they are not going with that! 

Edited by bng0723
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/19/2019 at 12:37 AM, Hmhguy95 said:

hey guys, I was considering applying to MUSC but I am concerned about my gre score holding me back, made a 302 but my quant and writing were low. I do have a good overall gpa though 3.67 and 2600 hours of PCE. Do they place a lot of emphasis on the gre? 

I am wondering the same! This is one of my top choices, but I also have a 302 with a low quant score (156V/146Q & 4.0 writing). I looked through some past application cycle threads and it seems like there are people with GRE scores on the lower side getting in, so I'm hoping that remains the case!! 

• Like 1

I will be submitting this week hopefully. Good luck to everyone!  I have been double checking on their website, they do accept students that are not South Carolina residents right? I am from California and I saw some schools that only accept their states residents so I'm a bit worried MUSC may do the same!

On 7/31/2019 at 11:14 AM, PAhopefully1234 said:

I am wondering the same! This is one of my top choices, but I also have a 302 with a low quant score (156V/146Q & 4.0 writing). I looked through some past application cycle threads and it seems like there are people with GRE scores on the lower side getting in, so I'm hoping that remains the case!! 

On 7/19/2019 at 12:37 AM, Hmhguy95 said:

hey guys, I was considering applying to MUSC but I am concerned about my gre score holding me back, made a 302 but my quant and writing were low. I do have a good overall gpa though 3.67 and 2600 hours of PCE. Do they place a lot of emphasis on the gre? 

I've met and hung out with their current PA students, they say that the GRE isn't particularly important. As long as it's around 300 it's probably fine. The other factors are more important, although if you get rejected it probably wouldn't hurt to retake it. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Urvismiles said:

I just got an email saying my application was under review and to make sure everything (supplemental, caspr, summer transcript) was sent to them. Also that interviews happen the first three weeks of November. But it’s subject to change.

I got the same email. Hoping this is a good thing to receive....

Does anyone know when we are supposed to hear back if we are chosen for an interview? I know the interviews are held in November but I haven’t found anything on when people were usually invited.

Last year I received my interview call on 10/11/18 to be exact. Hope it helps! And good luck to everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not sure if anyone else has mentioned/noticed this on their "Check Application Progress" page, but at the top it says,

"Applicants selected for interview will be notified beginning in the middle or end of October. Interview dates: October 28-29th & November 4-5th."

I didn't notice that before, but it definitely calmed my nerves from not hearing anything yet! 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, taylormorgan said:

Not sure if anyone else has mentioned/noticed this on their "Check Application Progress" page, but at the top it says,

"Applicants selected for interview will be notified beginning in the middle or end of October. Interview dates: October 28-29th & November 4-5th."

I didn't notice that before, but it definitely calmed my nerves from not hearing anything yet! 

Interviews went out October 12th last year. Pumped for mid October now!

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...