2019-20 Application Cycle

1 hour ago, Jocapa93 said:

Congrats! I too am a reapplicant. How many times did you apply if you dont mind me asking? Also, did they mention any other details during call such as if they would continue making calls until this week? 

thank you! This was my second time applying to MUSC and no details were mentioned in regards to the acceptance calls going out. I was honestly surprised to hear back so soon! I was anticipating to hear after thanksgiving so although I cannot confirm anything I wouldn’t get discouraged! There hasn’t been much activity on the thread so they are most likely still in the process of sending out those acceptance calls. Best of luck!

1 hour ago, Carie said:

First off congratulations!! Secondly, slightly weird question...did they call from the phone number on the MUSC PA website? 

Thank you!!! I am unsure what specific number you are referring too but it was definitely a Charleston number! I am from FL so as soon as I saw the call come through with Charleston,SC on the caller ID my heart stopped a bit! lol

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I got the call today as well, I got in! The same as @Melcara I am a reapplicant and this means a major weight off my shoulders. So grateful! To all those on the edge of their seats, in the interview they specifically said to expect calls from Thanksgiving time extending all the way into early December, I think they are taking the slow methodical approach to reviewing the interviews. I do not think they are going to be calling everyone in the span of a couple of days, rather a couple of weeks.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Melcara said:

thank you! This was my second time applying to MUSC and no details were mentioned in regards to the acceptance calls going out. I was honestly surprised to hear back so soon! I was anticipating to hear after thanksgiving so although I cannot confirm anything I wouldn’t get discouraged! There hasn’t been much activity on the thread so they are most likely still in the process of sending out those acceptance calls. Best of luck!

Yeah same! I was thinking everyone would get notified within a 2 day time span like they've done in previous years. And last year everyone heard back the first week of december. So I was shocked to see notifications of acceptance calls on the forum. Thanks for the info though! Fingers crossed! 

27 minutes ago, Laudan said:

I got the call today as well, I got in! The same as @Melcara I am a reapplicant and this means a major weight off my shoulders. So grateful! To all those on the edge of their seats, in the interview they specifically said to expect calls from Thanksgiving time extending all the way into early December, I think they are taking the slow methodical approach to reviewing the interviews. I do not think they are going to be calling everyone in the span of a couple of days, rather a couple of weeks.   

Agreed! Hoping for the best and congrats to you as well!

I don’t think they’re going by the interview date. They seem to be bouncing all over the dates. Maybe they’re going alphabetically? Another possibility is that it could be totally randomized. My mom mentioned a random generated process that she uses for the applicants at her job. It seems like they’re only making a limited amount of calls a day. Keep the faith!

• Like 2

On 12/5/2019 at 1:24 PM, pabjm said:

Has anyone received an acceptance phone call this week?

I am wondering the same thing! I know someone said that they are sending acceptances until the 13th, but I am starting to feel more and more anxious. Has anyone heard anything? Also does anyone know how many people received acceptances already?

33 minutes ago, eluch15 said:

I am wondering the same thing! I know someone said that they are sending acceptances until the 13th, but I am starting to feel more and more anxious. Has anyone heard anything? Also does anyone know how many people received acceptances already?

In the same boat over here! I wonder how many more have been left on standby for an answer? Who knows how they are going about it but the wait is getting stressful to say the least. The whole process has changed since the previous years so I truly don't know what to expect. Just keeping the hope alive until Friday. When did you interview? 

In the same boat over here! I wonder how many more have been left on standby for an answer? Who knows how they are going about it but the wait is getting stressful to say the least. The whole process has changed since the previous years so I truly don't know what to expect. Just keeping the hope alive until Friday. When did you interview? 

same here guys! I’m anxious and i’m glad i’m not the only one. I interviewed 11/5 the last day by the way 

Ugh! It is so nerve-racking! And I interviewed 10/29 (afternoon session).