2019-20 Application Cycle

On 10/21/2019 at 10:11 AM, Hl0914 said:

For those have recieved an interview call: did you by chance miss the call at first? And if so, did they leave a voicemail? I am worried that if I get a call, I would be unable to answer at work 

I received a call regarding the interview and I could not answer due to being at work. He left a voicemail and sent an email addressing the phone call with a call back number to either accept or reject the invite.

1 minute ago, mufasa4 said:

Hello everyone! I got an interview invite on Monday for the morning of November 5th. Does anyone know approximately how many people they interview? 

It sounds like they have 4 interview days with two sessions a day of 25 people, so I'm guessing they interview around 200 people total! 

For anyone asking about the set-up for the MUSC interview, you will receive an email pretty soon after your invite detailing the schedule of the day. Definitely wear comfortable shoes (looking at the girls mostly) because you walk around the entire MUSC campus. Also look ahead at the forecast and bring an umbrella if it's supposed to rain. You get split up into groups of 6 with a 1st year PA student as your leader and you move around to each "station" with your group. I really didn't see any of the other applicants outside of my group except for check-in and lunch. They do a good job of showing you what it's like to go to MUSC and to live in Charleston. I found it to be pretty relaxing and the professors I interviewed with were all extremely nice and interested in what you had to say. They told us to expect their decisions around the end of November/beginning of December. Good luck to everyone!!

• 3 weeks later...

I received an acceptance call on Friday morning!!! As a reapplicant there were times I felt like this day would never come and I do not even have the words to explain the feeling other than that I promise you it is all worth it in the end when you receive that acceptance! I am so incredibly excited to meet everyone and become apart of the MUSC family! I interviewed on 10/29, good luck to those still waiting and don’t loose hope!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Melcara said:

I received an acceptance call on Friday morning!!! As a reapplicant there were times I felt like this day would never come and I do not even have the words to explain the feeling other than that I promise you it is all worth it in the end when you receive that acceptance! I am so incredibly excited to meet everyone and become apart of the MUSC family! I interviewed on 10/29, good luck to those still waiting and don’t loose hope!

Congrats! I too am a reapplicant. How many times did you apply if you dont mind me asking? Also, did they mention any other details during call such as if they would continue making calls until this week? 

6 hours ago, Melcara said:

First off congratulations!! Secondly, slightly weird question...did they call from the phone number on the MUSC PA website?