2020 Applicants post here!!

• 4 weeks later...

I am non-trad, so all the major core requirements since they are over the 5 year limit. I started a Master's program at Barry last year (BMS) but did not finish. I was wondering if the Anatomy could be substituted (6 hours) or if I would need to retake that along with everything else.

I have gone to (Medical campus) twice in person (3 times if you count getting sent to Hialeah Campus and they had no clue but I needed)  and i'll be honest it hasn't been the best overall experience with knowing who to talk to, getting referred to several people, the distance to get there etc.

i guess i'm trying to minimize the amount of time that goes into the retakes, and the money (since I don't currently qualify for instate tuition).

***does anyone have any online recommendations to retake the classes that is/was accepted by the program? 

Thank you BTW, i will add that name to my list 🙂

Edited by Yimsy

Hey Yimsy,

I did the Barry BMS program as well and yes it counted towards the required courses as long as it was within five years. They accepted my anatomy, physiology, medical micro, and biochem 1 and 2 for the anatomy, micro, and chemistry requirements. Hope this helps. 

• Like 1

As far as an online recommendation, I would suggest the University of Phoenix. I took a few courses there and was able to transfer them to MDC without a problem. A bit expensive, however, the courses are about six weeks. 

Dealing with MDC can be a bit daunting at times but just hang in there, it's a great school overall 🙂 You'll be fine!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/15/2019 at 10:04 AM, Yimsy said:

Hi all!

Has anyone been successful speaking to the program advisor? I have to retake the required course but one of those is more recent on a grad school level. anyone have any experience with this?

Yes I have taken some courses as post graduate at community colleges that Mdc program advisor has approved. Classes like organic Chem was counted as science credit and replaced my gen chem courses. Hope this helps

Edited by Dory8

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi guys, I am almost done with my pre-reqs so far I have a sGPA 4.0 and a cGPA 4.0. Also, I’ve been working as a Nurse Assistant and shadowing a PA and an NP at the same time. I just wanted to know if I would be a good candidate for the program? (Currently have an AS)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

I am so happy to find this website as well as this thread. My wife is trying to apply for this course but she has had many conflicting answers and conversations with the advisors. Our big question is does she need a masters from a university. This program is not a masters level program but apparently you don't need a masters level degree to be a PA which is the ultimate goal. So does anyone know if finishing this program in 2 years with a previous bachelors degree will allow her to be a PA. Also the requirements are changing in 2020. Does anyone know about that?

I am so happy to find this website as well as this thread. My wife is trying to apply for this course but she has had many conflicting answers and conversations with the advisors. Our big question is does she need a masters from a university. This program is not a masters level program but apparently you don't need a masters level degree to be a PA which is the ultimate goal. So does anyone know if finishing this program in 2 years with a previous bachelors degree will allow her to be a PA. Also the requirements are changing in 2020. Does anyone know about that?

She does not need a master or bachelors. Also, go to the Mdc website to check the pre reqs

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Got a little caught up with the holidays, but I wanted to post the following information:

Test Dates: 1/28/2020 - 2/7/2020

Interview Dates: 2/17/2020 - 3/17/2020

This information came straight from Jackie, and she asked me to post to the forum. Everything is scheduled to happen earlier this year than in the previous years to help expedite the administrative process. So be on the lookout for your test dates and good luck everyone!

• Like 2

Hi guys,
Got a little caught up with the holidays, but I wanted to post the following information:
This information came straight from Jackie, and she asked me to post to the forum. Everything is scheduled to happen earlier this year than in the previous years to help expedite the administrative process. So be on the lookout for your test dates and good luck everyone!

Alright thanks

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, JohannesW said:

Hi guys,

Thank you! Did she mention when invites for the entrance exam will go out?