2020 Applicants post here!!

• 2 weeks later...

Good evening, PA Applicants!

On behalf of Ms. Hernandez, please note that time frames for the entrance exam and the interviews follow below:

Entrance Exam - any dates between January 28th and February 7th (normally scheduled for morning and afternoon)

Interviews - any dates between February 17th and March 17th

Have a good week.

Merry Christmas and a good New Year!

• Like 1

Good evening, PA Applicants!
On behalf of Ms. Hernandez, please note that time frames for the entrance exam and the interviews follow below:
Entrance Exam - any dates between January 28th and February 7th (normally scheduled for morning and afternoon)
Interviews - any dates between February 17th and March 17th
Have a good week.
Merry Christmas and a good New Year!

Thanks for everything Kele. Much love!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey there applicants,

My name is Jason and I'm in my 3rd semester of didactic year. Some may recognize me from previous chats as it took me 4 cycles to get in. My apologies for not posting sooner, but I did want to make myself available for those who have questions, several have reached out already. As far as the exam, my advice would be to know the basics of all body systems and how they function. It's time to apply all that knowledge you've worked so hard for. Study well and have confidence! Good luck to you all and God bless.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, dear Class 2022 Applicants!

We are excited to welcome you to our Program! Hope you are doing well on your entrance exam.

I would like to encourage each one of you who took the exam to start preparing for your interviews, despite of your results on the exam. Practice answering the questions (write some questions you figure you might be asked, and practice with family or friends). Read about our profession on AAPA and FAPA, and about what is happening in health care in the U.S. and worldwide on Medscape, CDC, and other trustworthy sources.  

If you need any help or guidance, do not hesitate to contact us.

Have a good week.

Kele

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I’m disappointed with MDCC pa program. I showed up for the test after a 4 hour drive (started driving from north Florida at 1 am) and I was assured that I would have access to blackboard prior to the test. I arrived and was told to go the the IT department and they didn’t help at all. I had to take the test In paper and God knows if they gave me the same test as everybody else. I was supposed to be interviewed that morning but all Jacky said is that I had a poor score 13.5 therefore no interview granted. I emailed next day for official results and nothing until this day. This process has been a mess since day 1. Extremely unorganized and unprofessional behavior from the department and level of communication zero.

I’m disappointed with MDCC pa program. I showed up for the test after a 4 hour drive (started driving from north Florida at 1 am) and I was assured that I would have access to blackboard prior to the test. I arrived and was told to go the the IT department and they didn’t help at all. I had to take the test In paper and God knows if they gave me the same test as everybody else. I was supposed to be interviewed that morning but all Jacky said is that I had a poor score 13.5 therefore no interview granted. I emailed next day for official results and nothing until this day. This process has been a mess since day 1. Extremely unorganized and unprofessional behavior from the department and level of communication zero.
I apologize that you feel as if the program has not handled your situation properly. I cant speak on the blackboard issue, but as far as the program getting back go you officially, please understand that the staff is handling clinicals for the class of 2020, the didactic schedule for the class of 2021 and processing the new applications to determine who gets an interview. As many other programs, MDC is not perfect but for those waiting for news just continue to be patient.

• Like 3

God works in mysterious ways and I accept His will, I really don’t need another bachelors degree, I rather put my BS towards a master’s degree in Nursing. Now I understand why MDC does not participate in CASPA or requires a GRE; It is not a graduate school. I asked the director the day of the test about the degree and he said he forgot to say to all of us is a bachelors degree with the option to obtain a master’s thru Francis. I will end up doing the same job as PAs in the ER or in family practice as a nurse practitioner and I will get my didactic year online without the need to relocate to Miami which at tfw long run will save me money. My rotations will be locally up here in Brevard county and I will feel way more comfortable competing for jobs with candidates with real Masters degrees. So I’m happy God spoke to me that morning. 

God works in mysterious ways and I accept His will, I really don’t need another bachelors degree, I rather put my BS towards a master’s degree in Nursing. Now I understand why MDC does not participate in CASPA or requires a GRE; It is not a graduate school. I asked the director the day of the test about the degree and he said he forgot to say to all of us is a bachelors degree with the option to obtain a master’s thru Francis. I will end up doing the same job as PAs in the ER or in family practice as a nurse practitioner and I will get my didactic year online without the need to relocate to Miami which at tfw long run will save me money. My rotations will be locally up here in Brevard county and I will feel way more comfortable competing for jobs with candidates with real Masters degrees. So I’m happy God spoke to me that morning. 
Amen! Best wishes in all that you do [emoji1374]

I’m sorry that you feel this way about MDC and that you’re frustrated with your personal outcome. Miami Dade College is very competitive and only considers those with the skills necessary to succeed as a Physician Assistant once you graduate the program. Those skills extend beyond academics to include professionalism, patience, compassion, and many of the other skills required for this field. I would recommend that in the future all applicants demonstrate these skills in person and in all other platforms. As for the GRE, MDC has been ahead of the game, realizing that the it does not test students on the skills needed in medicine; this is why they have their own focused assessment. The Master’s program offered with Saint Francis is a real master’s degree and exactly what you need to sit for the Physician Assistant National Certifying (PANCE) exam. Every PA graduate in the nation sits for the same exam. MDC currently has a pass rate of 98% so they are definitely doing something right. Now for nursing, it is also a great field but keep in mind that if your goal is to reach Nurse Practitioner, that will be 2-4 years of nursing school plus an additional 2 years of schooling for your MSN.

For the rest of this year’s applicants, don’t be discouraged. Be patient, have faith, and continue preparing for your interview. It always takes a few weeks for the invites to go out. As Jason said, right now they’re managing the new applicants, the clinical year students, and us (c/o 2021). If any of us hear anything we will let you know. We’re all very excited for you and wish you the best of luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1