2020 Applicants post here!!

Hello Future PA-C's!

My name is Shirene Tabarestani and I am the Class of 2021's President and want to congratulate the new upcoming class of 2022! For those that are still waiting, please be patient as the faculty is working very hard to get the letters to you all in a timely manner. And as Jason already has mentioned before in the forum, if you did not get into this cycle, PLEASE do not feel discouraged at all and keep your head up high and be determined to apply again! The competition is very high, but you are all qualified, intelligent, and hard-working individuals that will be amazing in anything that you set your mind too!

For those that already have gotten their acceptance letter, Congratulations and welcome to the Class of 2022! We are all very excited to meet each and everyone of you and for this journey to start in your favor. Your hard-work, perseverance and dedication to this career choice finally paid off, so kuddos to you all! Please be patient with us during this time to get you started with the best advice and guidance that you can get at the MDC PA program, as you will all receive the best that you can! Again, congrats, kick your feet back and relax for now, because it will be a tedious, long, but all worth it. We all await your arrivals (hopefully on campus soon) and to meet you all! Stay safe during this pandemic. I will reach out to you all soon, so hang in tight!

Much love, 

Shirene

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/6/2019 at 7:52 PM, gansakc said:

Hello Pre-PAs,

Hope you are doing well.

I am a student at the MDC PA Program and would like to know if there is anything we (c/o 2020 & c/o 2021) can help you with at this point of the application process. 

Please let us know.

Thanks and have a good weekend.

Cordially, 

Hello there, am trying to apply for PA this year, but they changed the prerequisites and they required now PA-CAT exam, and it's brand new exams and no material to study for it as this new exam strat only in this Month, do you have any idea about this exam? And how much weight of this exam score overall package? Thank you

Hopefully you can help

On 4/17/2020 at 1:45 PM, shirene said:

Hello Future PA-C's!

My name is Shirene Tabarestani and I am the Class of 2021's President and want to congratulate the new upcoming class of 2022! For those that are still waiting, please be patient as the faculty is working very hard to get the letters to you all in a timely manner. And as Jason already has mentioned before in the forum, if you did not get into this cycle, PLEASE do not feel discouraged at all and keep your head up high and be determined to apply again! The competition is very high, but you are all qualified, intelligent, and hard-working individuals that will be amazing in anything that you set your mind too!

For those that already have gotten their acceptance letter, Congratulations and welcome to the Class of 2022! We are all very excited to meet each and everyone of you and for this journey to start in your favor. Your hard-work, perseverance and dedication to this career choice finally paid off, so kuddos to you all! Please be patient with us during this time to get you started with the best advice and guidance that you can get at the MDC PA program, as you will all receive the best that you can! Again, congrats, kick your feet back and relax for now, because it will be a tedious, long, but all worth it. We all await your arrivals (hopefully on campus soon) and to meet you all! Stay safe during this pandemic. I will reach out to you all soon, so hang in tight!

Much love, 

Shirene

Hello Shirene, 

Am going to apply for PA this year, and they required PA-CAT exam, do you know about it? How is it weight score overall the package?

Thank you

11 hours ago, Medo33 said:

Hello there, am trying to apply for PA this year, but they changed the prerequisites and they required now PA-CAT exam, and it's brand new exams and no material to study for it as this new exam strat only in this Month, do you have any idea about this exam? And how much weight of this exam score overall package? Thank you

Hopefully you can help

Hello, Medo33!

Glad to hear you are applying this year. We still don't know much about the PA-CAT, but you can request information to the Program and also go the PA-CAT website to schedule your exam, since there is a waiting list and your results must be delivered to the MDC PA Program by October 15th https://www.mdc.edu/physicianassistant/admission-requirements.aspx

If you need any additional help do not hesitate to contact us.

Have a great week!

Hi everyone,

Hope you're all staying safe. I started studying for the PA-CAT in the beginning of April and am using Exam Master. It includes a few videos for very few topics on the PA-CAT exam such as Physiology, Microbio, Critical Thinking and part of Anatomy. How are you guys studying for it? Recommend any resources? I want to crush this exam, and I'm looking into ordering a few books. Ill post the books I am ordering on here for those of you that are interested! 

Lorena A. 

2 minutes ago, lorenafbacra said:

Hi everyone,

Hope you're all staying safe. I started studying for the PA-CAT in the beginning of April and am using Exam Master. It includes a few videos for very few topics on the PA-CAT exam such as Physiology, Microbio, Critical Thinking and part of Anatomy. How are you guys studying for it? Recommend any resources? I want to crush this exam, and I'm looking into ordering a few books. Ill post the books I am ordering on here for those of you that are interested! 

Lorena A. 

Hi Lorena!

hope you are well.

Do you mind posting your msg on the new forum, so we keep everything there for the people who will join later?  you can also post the books over there.

Thanks! 🙂

6 hours ago, lorenafbacra said:

Hi everyone,

Lorena A. 

Hello Lorena, can you please tell me the name of the books you are studying from?

I just know about this exam one week ago, and I don't know what material or books to study from and I will apply this year, so I have only 2 months to study for this exam, how do you prepare for this exam?

Hi, 

I am studying using Exam Master right now. They cover a few subjects, as mentioned above. I am currently using AP Biology 5th Edition (yellow & black book) to study for the Bio portion of the PA-CAT. I'm looking into a few books for Gen Chem, Orgo, Genetics and Biochem. Will give everyone an update when I've decided which books and placed the orders. Hope that was helpful. Will post an update soon. 

Best of luck to everyone studying for the PA-CAT ! 

Lorena A. 

Hi Lorena!
hope you are well.
Do you mind posting your msg on the new forum, so we keep everything there for the people who will join later?  you can also post the books over there.
Thanks! [emoji846]

Hey,

I’m trying to access the link you’ve sent me. But it says it’s either no longer available or I do not have access to it. Let me know ! Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, lorenafbacra said:

Hey,

I’m trying to access the link you’ve sent me. But it says it’s either no longer available or I do not have access to it. Let me know ! Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Lorena!

You have already used it yesterday LOL Please try the link that Jessenia sent and let us know. Thanks!