University of Detroit Mercy: 2019-2020 Application Cycle

Congrats to all who were accepted today! I’m a current student and if you have any questions, please let me know! FB is definitely a good way of getting in contact with current/incoming students and get information. Now I encourage you all to relax and enjoy your accomplishment. It’s well deserved!  

• Like 3

23 hours ago, AA90a said:

Anyone else heartbroken because they did not receive a call?

I understand how you feel.  I applied last year and wasn't accepted.  Afterward, I made a lot of changes and was accepted this year.  If this is a dream of yours you can absolutely make  it! I followed a lot of the advice in this video such as volunteering as a leader in a non-profit organization, retaking classes online and continuing patient care hours. Here's a great video:

• Like 1

Hi everyone! 

My name is Conicka Toney, I am the President of the Class of 2021. I just wanted to jump on here because our Chair, Dr. Derecyzk shared with us that the class had been selected and were beginning to receive acceptance calls! So CONGRATULATIONS!! I see some current students have started to reach out to you, which is awesome. I will try to jump in on the FB page to get you all some FAQ information but Rahima is amazing in answering any and all questions; I created the doc last year just to be as helpful as I could with your transition into PA school. Again, congratulations and make sure you get connected to that Facebook page!! Hope to see you soon. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, abbiemarton said:

I received an email that I was placed on the alternate list! Anyone have any insight as to what this process looks like and if it's likely or not that I'll get in for this year? Any info would be so helpful! 

Hey! So, I have no for sure answer for you, but looking at the forum from last year... people did get in off of the wait list! I wouldn't lose hope! 

That is totally just from reading previous years, good luck and keep your chin up! There is still a chance!

• Like 1

Additionally, for those that have been placed on the waiting list. Rahima will not be able to tell you your position on that list, unfortunately you'll just have to wait it out but coming from someone that was also on that list, don't give up hope! I was the very last person to interview, got waitlisted, and was told I'd here in July but I heard in April so obviously they got a little off schedule with the COVID debacle but hold on! Once some of the students that got accepted choose to go to a different program they will start to make calls to those waiting. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Isopura7 said:

I understand how you feel.  I applied last year and wasn't accepted.  Afterward, I made a lot of changes and was accepted this year.  If this is a dream of yours you can absolutely make  it! I followed a lot of the advice in this video such as volunteering as a leader in a non-profit organization, retaking classes online and continuing patient care hours. Here's a great video:

I ended up getting the acceptance call at 4:00!! It was disheartening seeing other students receiving calls at around 2:00PM. Thank you so much for sharing the video. It will be informative and helpful to other perspective students applying next cycle. Can't wait to meet everyone! I have been over the moon since yesterday.

1 minute ago, AA90a said:

I ended up getting the acceptance call at 4:00!! It was disheartening seeing other students receiving calls at around 2:00PM. Thank you so much for sharing the video. It will be informative and helpful to other perspective students applying next cycle. Can't wait to meet everyone! I have been over the moon since yesterday.

CONGRATS! I'm so excited for you!  I can't wait to meet you and the rest of the class! 

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...