University of Detroit Mercy: 2019-2020 Application Cycle

11 hours ago, AA90a said:

Does anyone know how many people are being interviewed total and how many spots they have? I already interviewed and I noticed that they had stacks of applications. I don't know if that was for everyone they were interviewing that day or overall. 

They interview about 200 people and accept 50 that are not from the 5-year track. Since it’s not rolling admin, they interview everyone and then start acceptances. 

1 hour ago, brynt said:

They interview about 200 people and accept 50 that are not from the 5-year track. Since it’s not rolling admin, they interview everyone and then start acceptances. 

Did you ask during your interview? I asked and they didn't give me an exact response like this. 

3 hours ago, brynt said:

With all due respect I haven’t heard this before. 200 is a lot of applicants to interview. I’ve heard they interview about half of that number from people in the program. 

15 minutes ago, UMDstudent said:

With all due respect I haven’t heard this before. 200 is a lot of applicants to interview. I’ve heard they interview about half of that number from people in the program. 

I’ve also heard 200 from several people in the program, including someone I just asked. I guess the number is just arbitrary, though. Maybe they aim for 200 and that’s not always the case year to year. 

I’ve also heard 200 from several people in the program, including someone I just asked. I guess the number is just arbitrary, though. Maybe they aim for 200 and that’s not always the case year to year. 

I heard it’s around 120 and about 15-20 of them are the 5 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You see, I heard it differently. I heard 300 people get interviews for a final pool of 120. From there there are 40 people which are considered “accepted.” There are 15 more spots which are decided via a rollerball-like competition which escalates to a blood bath in short order. There are former alimni/current PAs to treat the wounded on the sidelines. The 15 still standing at the end join the other 40 and form the class. 

This could be hearsay though. Hasn’t been verified. 

Edited by CharlieSaysWhatNow

Hey team! I attended the monthly informational session a few months ago and the presenter said that 150 get interviewed and roughly 65 get accepted (approximately 15 coming from the five year track), so 50ish from the general community like us.  I interviewed a couple of weeks ago and I think I blacked out I was so nervous. Anyone else feeling post interview hangover? I think my stomach will hurt until April. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, E0119 said:

Hey team! I attended the monthly informational session a few months ago and the presenter said that 150 get interviewed and roughly 65 get accepted (approximately 15 coming from the five year track), so 50ish from the general community like us.  I interviewed a couple of weeks ago and I think I blacked out I was so nervous. Anyone else feeling post interview hangover? I think my stomach will hurt until April. 

I for sure blacked out too!! I can't remember half of what I said or what they asked. 

Thank you for the official clarification of number of seats and interviews! Do you know when the first interview day was? I thought I was within the first round. I hope its not a disadvantage to be interviewed early. My thought process is that they won't remember me by the time they are done interviewing and are ready to make decisions.

Edit: I interviewed on the 24th of February. 

Edited by AA90a

I think you were the first day of interviews! I was the 25th. I literally don’t think I said anything I planned on saying. I can handle emergent life and death situations at work every day but put me in front of an interview panel and it appears I’ll crack under the pressure. I’m just hoping they could see past my nervousness and at least see I’m genuinely interested for the right reasons. I’m so ready to get started and I’m just keeping my fingers crossed. Good luck to you! I hope we get good phone calls in April! It would be so exciting to meet all the classmates and hear about everyone’s journey and experiences. I think that’s one of the coolest parts of PA school!  🙂 

3 minutes ago, E0119 said:

I think you were the first day of interviews! I was the 25th. I literally don’t think I said anything I planned on saying. I can handle emergent life and death situations at work every day but put me in front of an interview panel and it appears I’ll crack under the pressure. I’m just hoping they could see past my nervousness and at least see I’m genuinely interested for the right reasons. I’m so ready to get started and I’m just keeping my fingers crossed. Good luck to you! I hope we get good phone calls in April! It would be so exciting to meet all the classmates and hear about everyone’s journey and experiences. I think that’s one of the coolest parts of PA school!  🙂 

I think my stomach has hurt since last May when I applied 😅😂

1 hour ago, E0119 said: