14 minutes ago, RaquelCR said:

Congratulations to those waitlisted! We have a pretty solid handful of people in my class who were waitlisted, so definitely don't feel deterred by that.

@PANCE51, I am sorry to hear that. You could try reaching out to Alli Qualls and ask her for information.

When do they usually start calling off the waitlist? December? Earlier?

Just as a heads up, the program discourages the sharing of admissions decisions on here. 

If you do have any questions, do not hesitate to e-mail Alli Qualls, or refer to the "What's Next?" document you received during the interview. I do not know any information regarding specific interviews or anything like that, I'm just here to answer general questions 🙂 

If you have any general stuff to ask like housing, hotels, dress code, etc., feel free to DM me directly!

Thanks!

• Upvote 1

I’m so excited for everyone on this thread! Congrats on each step of the way— you’re a hard worker and an awesome person and you deserve it!

I sadly only just learned about GWU in July and applied early August in good hopes and spirits, but I enjoy the awesome things and camaraderie I see on here! Good luck to all! I hope to hear back soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, lexxi said:

I’m so excited for everyone on this thread! Congrats on each step of the way— you’re a hard worker and an awesome person and you deserve it!

I sadly only just learned about GWU in July and applied early August in good hopes and spirits, but I enjoy the awesome things and camaraderie I see on here! Good luck to all! I hope to hear back soon.

Don't stress it! One of my classmates applied right before the deadline and he's sitting right next to me 🙂

• Like 2

Don't stress it! One of my classmates applied right before the deadline and he's sitting right next to me [emoji846]

Hi Raquel! Thanks so much- that was so incredibly encouraging... and I just got an interview invite this afternoon!
I’m from out of state; which airport is the best to fly to: Charlotte?

On 9/13/2019 at 7:33 PM, lexxi said:

Hi Raquel! Thanks so much- that was so incredibly encouraging... and I just got an interview invite this afternoon!
I’m from out of state; which airport is the best to fly to: Charlotte?

I'm so glad to hear that! Congratulations - that is very exciting news!! 😁

I would recommend flying into Charlotte. I drove to NC in my own car, but the vast majority of interviewees and students I know of flew there instead of Greenville.

• Like 1

On 9/11/2019 at 4:51 PM, Abbull said:

What should one expect in the GW interview? 🤐

It is a pretty laid-back environment. You'll be able to tour the amenities of the program (I recommend going and visiting Tucker Student Center while you're there!), ask questions to faculty and current students, and engage in an interview with the administration. Each interviewer's style may differ, but overall, the interview is intended to be a comfortable environment in which you can be 100% yourself 🙂

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, paguync said:

The school website mentions science aptitude under the selection tab, is this the same as science GPA? How does the program weight science GPA vs cumulative GPA?

Where the website mentions science aptitude, it usually refers to prereqs. I asked Alli and she sent me this webpage clarifying some of that. 

https://gardner-webb.edu/academic-programs-and-resources/colleges-and-schools/health-sciences/schools-and-departments/physician-assistant-studies/admissions/application-requirements/index

I do not know the specifics, as that is more on the administration side of things. I do know, however, that all GPAs are factored together into a prescreen score.

In my interview, I discussed GPAs. I mentioned a science Q-drop and a low science grade rather than one in a freshman english 101 class. I felt it was important to bring that up, since this is a science-heavy degree by nature. After discussing any weaknesses in my GPA, however, I was quick to explain how those experiences served as crucial, big learning moments about adaptability for me. I think it is nice to put something that can be an awkward, semi-negative conversation topic into a positive light. 😀

Edited by RaquelCR
added more explanation

• 2 weeks later...