Hey y’all,

My name is Scott Rose and I am the new student co-coordinator or the Gardner-Webb PA program along with Anna Henderson. This thread is for you to ask questions regarding the program, the application process, or just about Gardner-Webb.

On this forum we ask you to refrain from sharing personal information such as your application, if you got an interview, acceptance status, etc. Please be patient with Anna and I as we are currently in courses, so some questions may not be answered immediately. Many questions may be answered reviewing the programs website: https://gardner-webb.edu/academic-programs-and-resources/colleges-and-schools/health-sciences/schools-and-departments/physician-assistant-studies/index.

Feel free to reach us here in this forum or email us at gwunewstudent@gmail.com

Best of luck!

Scott Rose, PA-S

• Like 1

Thank you for making this forum for us to ask questions. Hope the year is going as smoothly as possible for you both with all the changes going on around us. What does a class day look like for you all in the midst of all of this? Are you online for now with plans to get back in the classroom? 

• 4 weeks later...
14 hours ago, SaschaRochelle said:

Hello, I was using myPAbox and on there it states that the program is on probation. However I have not been able to find anything on the programs website, but it does state to be a continuing program. Would you be able to clarify this? If it is on probation, what is the reason that it is on probation? 

Hi, I attended a virtual open house for Gardner-Webb back in April and the staff clarified that the program is no longer on probation. I hope this helps! 

On 7/11/2020 at 7:07 PM, SaschaRochelle said:

Hello, I was using myPAbox and on there it states that the program is on probation. However I have not been able to find anything on the programs website, but it does state to be a continuing program. Would you be able to clarify this? If it is on probation, what is the reason that it is on probation? 

Hi,

For the accreditation status of Gardner-Webb, the PA program is considered an accredited program. The official statement and information can be found at: https://gardner-webb.edu/academic-programs-and-resources/colleges-and-schools/health-sciences/schools-and-departments/physician-assistant-studies/about-us/accreditation/index. Hope this helps!

Scott Rose, PA-S

• 5 weeks later...

Hello,

I have been excited about Gardner-Webb's program and had questions about the clinical phase of the program. Where are the clinical sites, who schedules them, and what elective SCPE's are available?

Also, what laptop have people had the most success with in the program? I am looking to buy a new laptop, and I now some programs require or recommend windows or mac. Some students also prefer a mac if the program utilizes iPads.

Thanks!

On 8/12/2020 at 2:54 PM, Talmage said:

Hello,

I have been excited about Gardner-Webb's program and had questions about the clinical phase of the program. Where are the clinical sites, who schedules them, and what elective SCPE's are available?

Also, what laptop have people had the most success with in the program? I am looking to buy a new laptop, and I now some programs require or recommend windows or mac. Some students also prefer a mac if the program utilizes iPads.

Thanks!

Hi! The SCPE question is a really great question post acceptance for the clinical team. When it comes to the computer- the program currently recommends anything with Windows 10 or Mac OS High Sierra/ Mojave. However, this is subject to change. I personally use a Mac and I like it because I do utilize an iPad as well, especially since being virtual. The iPad is not a part of the program requirements or even recommendations, solely my preference for note taking. I would say, though, my class is probably split about 50/50 using mac vs pc so it is truly personal preference!

-Anna Henderson, PA-S

• Upvote 1