My name is Patrick Casey and I am the student reach for GWU PA program and a current student in the 2020 class. Im here to answer any of your questions you may have about CASPA, GWU, interview process or any PA questions in general! Reach me here or on Facebook at Patrick Allan (black and white picture prof). Whatever you would like. 

Good luck to all!

Patrick

On 4/16/2018 at 5:38 PM, Kylie said:

Hello Patrick! I am a perspective student and do have a few questions. To begin, I am from New York. Does Gardner-Webb show prefernece to instate applicants? Thank you!  

Hi Kylie

No GWU doesn't give preference to in state or out of state students. I am from out of state as well as about 1/3 of the class. Chances of being accepted are the same!

Edited by PatrickCasey

• 1 month later...

Hi Sarah,

Interviews last year starting at the end of August and went till I believe late October. Each year it is different on how late they go due to rolling admissions.

I had my interview in August and I'm pretty sure i got the invite in June... Some people got the invite a couple days before for the first interview. Its hard to tell you exactly when you will or won't get an email!

Hope this helps.

Patrick

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/9/2018 at 2:52 PM, hamz2018 said:

Hi Patrick! I have a question about the GWU PA program. 

I read on the website that the program is on accreditation probation, what does that exactly mean for us prospective students?

Hi, 

Please refer to the Gardner-Webb PA program accreditation page and your answer will be there! If you have more questions, you can email AQualls1@gardner-webb.edu.

Im not the best person to ask about accreditation! I know we will get full accreditation when we are surveyed again! 

On 7/28/2018 at 10:50 PM, Frankiealilye said:

Hello Patrick,

Thanks so much for starting this thread.  I am interviewing as well on the 27th. Can you give us some information about the interview style?  (MMI, traditional, behavioral, combination, etc.) Congratulations to everyone else interviewing! I am looking forward to meeting you all.

The interview process is very relaxed. You come in, and all meet in the classroom and go over a powerpoint quick. Then you meet the staff and interact with them for a little while before you separate out in groups. Groups consisted of lunch, interview #1, Interview #2, and a writing prompt. Not sure how they are doing it this year, but thats what they did last year! Each interview is an individual interview with one faculty member and roughly 15 minutes long.

Patrick