Urgent care pay

Hi all, Im looking for current pay scales for urgent care PA positions. I have 3 years Primary care/Walk in clinic experience with ER background.

Salary hourly rate Vs. Locums hourly rate?? I currently reside in WA state, Looking for similar position pay along the west coast as I transition into UC. 

Thank you for any feedback.

I’ve worked UC in WA state for 3 years now and have been at two places. First UC was with corporate medical group and was making 136k for 14 12-hour shifts/month. Happier where I am now with a 128k base salary and 12 shifts/month. 

Feel free to message me if you have any other questions about UC in WA as I am in WA state. 

On 4/10/2019 at 10:52 AM, sas5814 said:

I'm in suburban east Texas, which probably doesn't exactly compare, but I'm making $76/hr with 1.5 after 40 hours

Is this in the Houston area ? It seems most salaries around Houston are alot higher than the rest of the state. Its around $60~65 an hour in the Austin area, of course Austin is saturated. 

No I am in and around Tyler. I got here when they were hard up and in the middle of cold and flu season. Coupled with almost 30 years experience they made me a great offer I didn't even negotiate. I have been here 2 years and got a 3% raise both years and last year, after half the APPs quit, I got a 5 k bonus for hanging around. 

23 hours ago, sas5814 said:

No I am in and around Tyler. I got here when they were hard up and in the middle of cold and flu season. Coupled with almost 30 years experience they made me a great offer I didn't even negotiate. I have been here 2 years and got a 3% raise both years and last year, after half the APPs quit, I got a 5 k bonus for hanging around. 

Awesome. The one I’m working at is actually outside of Ft. Hood and the med director is one of the docs I worked with in the Army...interview was basically “so when can you start.” Its $60 an hour base but the bonus structure is based on coding...up to $5 per patient so hourly can be very good when busy. Or, it can be like yesterday...8 patients in 9 hours, and I think All but one met bonus per coding. They do pay overtime but corporate poo poos on them if we get over 40...full time is 36 hours, mostly done in 4 x 9s.

9 hours ago, ArmyPA said:

Awesome. The one I’m working at is actually outside of Ft. Hood and the med director is one of the docs I worked with in the Army...interview was basicall “so when can you start.” Its $60 an hour base but the bonus structure is based on coding...up to $5 per patient so hourly can be very good when busy. Or, it can be like yesterday...8 patients in 9 hours, and I think All but one met bonus per coding. They do pay overtime but corporate poo poos on them if we get over 40...full time is 36 hours, mostlry done in 4 x 9s.

$60/hr In Texas for UC sucks.

Sorry, but it does no matter how you slice it.

13 hours ago, Cideous said:

$60/hr In Texas for UC sucks.

Sorry, but it does no matter how you slice it.

PA Salaries in and around Austin suck in general.  Another one I interviewed for that was closer to home was $62 and hour but very difficult to get bonus and bonus was based on whole clinic productivity. I have spoken with a few of the PAs who work here and they average 70-80 an hour after the bonus at the busier clinic, 65-70 at the slower one. Not perfect but until something better comes around, I'm kinda stuck as my wife isn't interested in moving anytime soon.  the other benefit is we clock in and out, the UC in WA that I worked at paid per shift for full timers, so if you ended up staying 2 hours late due to  high patient volume, you got paid the same as if you leave on time. Here you get paid from clock in to clock out regardless of FT, PT or PRN. 

Archived